SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 16th December 2017, 23:21

Default Re: Random Questions (3)

Has anyone here ever successfully uncorked a wine bottle without a corkscrew? I have Christmas wine and it's right there but I can't get to it.
Old 16th December 2017, 23:42

Mood
Fine

@biscuits Ah but it's at about 3 o'clock.

When I messed up the first time I went round it on the right, we went all the way round, then indicated left at the entrance I came on to move over to the left lane, then left the indicator on all the way to the 3 o'clock exit from what I remember.
Old 17th December 2017, 00:14

^^ Thanks, Silenus. I tried the screw and pliers thing, but after a bit of grunting and straining the screw just came loose. I'm not quite at the 'pick broken glass out of my booze' stage, but I'll keep it in mind!
Old 17th December 2017, 05:48

^ I can***8217;t say I***8217;ve ever tasted polish so I can***8217;t really compare. What does polish taste like?(and don***8217;t say Dr Pepper!)
Old 17th December 2017, 06:31

^ Why would you/I lick a cloth or a freshly polished surface?
Old 20th December 2017, 17:30
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

Has anyone else lost the spell check on here when replying to posts? (by computer not phone). Or have I just managed to turn something off without realising.
Old 20th December 2017, 19:59
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

I'm using chrome too, but it definitely isn't working.

Edit: OK after a fiddle, I've got it back! I right clicked and got the menu up, then clicked check the spelling of the fields which seems to have done the trick.
I guess I must have accidentally turned it off at some point or the site is conspiring to stop me posting, lol.
Old 20th December 2017, 20:35
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

^

Yeah it is strange. I don't tend to right click for much either, except for copy/cut and paste.
Old 22nd December 2017, 15:51

^^ fishy and a bit oily.
Old 22nd December 2017, 22:48

^ I do. But I'm not combining the two
Old 24th December 2017, 10:45

What does Siri do?
Old 29th December 2017, 21:08
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

^
I thought it was a personal assistant that answered questions and the like.
---------
Old 29th December 2017, 22:22

Mood
Shoveit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectrelight
What does Siri do?
Pretty much takes all the info in your phone and shares it with the world if you read the small print! Dodgy little ****er
Old 9th January 2018, 12:16
Banned

Location: Somewhere up North...Its described as sunny even though its not and never will be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebka
Also if there was a bar on Mars would it be a Mars Bar?
Tesla bar as Elon musk is going colonize mars. Tesla bar has a good ring to it me thinks
Old 9th January 2018, 19:23

Quote:
Why aren***8217;t curly wurlys actually curly? They***8217;re more zig-zaggy in a way. They***8217;re not really curly. Well they don***8217;t look curly. Maybe not quite zig-zaggy, but not quite curly either
I've also wondered this every xmas morning for almost every year of my life (pretty much the only time ive had them ) i still don't know.. maybe they start out curly, but in the package it all kinda mushes together into the non-curlyness we all know and question.

Orrr, maybe they aren't in their final form.. we maybe need to hatch them out of their egg (packaging), love and nurture them for an indeterminate amount of time, and some day they will blossom into beautiful curliness for us all to behold in a gobsmacked state, while onlookers whisper to each other "I've never seen anything so magnificent in all my life!", "did you know they could do that", "why has nobody discovered this before??" and of course there is always that one person with "sooo, is it time for me to get naked now?".
I guess nobody has ever tried, because within 30 seconds of each curly wurly egg ever being opened, they are already being digested by some omnivore.

another idea, which is similar to my first idea; maybe they start out more....3D, sooo...more depth i guess. and the main curly bit kinda wraps around those 2 side bits..sticks..or planks..pillars maybe, and so it curls around like those twisty play area slides....buuuut, the packets for them are too small for that, so they just squash them all down to be more 2D, and take up less space for the aforementioned small-ass packets

those are my ideas anyways

as for mars bar on mars.. maybe cadburys would change it to something like "we're finally home" bar, or "honey we're hooooome" bar, especially if they add honey to the ingredients . or "home planet" bar... or simply "home bar".."homie bar" .."homies" i have more ideas, but they are even sillier than the ones i've had already

Last edited by Sebby Debby Ding Dong; 9th January 2018 at 19:28. Reason: changed "small ass" to "small-ass" for clarity
Old 10th January 2018, 16:18
Banned

Location: Somewhere up North...Its described as sunny even though its not and never will be.

Why do people of chav avenue have flash, expensive cars parked in the driveway?? YOU LIVE IN A SHIT HOLE NOBHEAD YOU AIN'T FOOLING NOBODY!
Old 10th January 2018, 16:38
Banned

Quote:
!
Ha! Also he***8217;s sending a car into space playing David Bowie!
Well.....David Bowie wrote a song called Electric Blue AND Musks cars are electric plus his own personal electric vehicle is blue!......AND the song electric blue has a very long intro which is what musk will need when he takes off from the runway. More than just a coincidence me thinks.

Blue blue electric bl...... Fact.

Old 11th January 2018, 13:10

Mood
Tired

electric blue is an actual colour,.. rather than any allusion to power sources.
I know this because I too have painted with my unwashed toenails, from a particularly diverse pallete
Old 12th January 2018, 00:06

I was at asda earlier and couldn't find any Parmesan cheese.. my question is; wth? i must have spent like 5 mins in the cheese section, looking back and forth, back and forth, up and down and even diagonally. 95% sure there was none there, why wouldn't they stock it? has parmesan gone out of fashion?

Also, why do places stop selling my favourite foods? especially asda. like they seem to have stopped doing their spicy meatball pizza. Chicago town also stopped making one of my favourite-est pizza ever a couple of years ago. KFC stopped doing the supercharger. Although brought it back for a few weeks after i sent them a strongly worded email requesting they brought it back :') ..i dunno if that was just coincidence or what.. maybe many people wrote to them about it It's like organisations find out my favourite things, and stop making them on purpose Oh, can't believe i almost forgot, banoffee frijjs! i was seriously addicted to them for many months before they took them away xD I'm surprised they haven't stopped doing fudge brownie ones which were a close second.. im afraid to like anything too much, cus everything always gets taken away from me
Old 12th January 2018, 00:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekul
Also, why do places stop selling my favourite foods?
I swear they do it on purpose! Morrisons used to sell fresh Mediterranean vegetable soup, and I felt all smug and healthy when I'd eat it, then it just vanished. It had just the right vegetables in for a fussy eater like me. If I die a few months prematurely due to poor nutrition, I shall hold Mr. Morrison responsible, and I don't care if he's already dead.
Old 14th January 2018, 12:23

Mood
Alienated

Is it true that MI6 use Heart Radio as a torture method?
Old 21st January 2018, 12:23

I put diced chicken breasts in the slow cooker with veg, stock, etc, this morning at 9am. At 12 noon, i noticed i forgot the plug in the slow cooker. Raw chicken and veg has been sitting in room temperature for 3 hours.

Is it ok to still cook it in the slow cooker?
Old 21st January 2018, 12:41

I'd say so, but then i've got a good stomach... for rotten food.

I think if you're (or your family are) susceptible to upset tummies then maybe not. 3hrs at room temp doesn't sound too long, especially if the chicken is submerged in liquid. Google it.
Old 21st January 2018, 12:44
Banned at own request

3 hours isn***8217;t long, I can***8217;t imagine it***8217;d be a problem unless it***8217;d warmed and cooled and warmed again.
Old 21st January 2018, 12:59

Thanks both. I'm cooking it now. Im the only one that's going to eat it anyway as the girls are out for the whole day.
Old 21st January 2018, 16:39

^ I'm not so sure - I was always told bacteria near-doubles every twenty minutes on meats when left outside the fridge. And though cooking does kill most bacteria, it doesn't get rid of the toxins they may have produced in that time. 3 hours is a fair few twenty minuteses. This suggests it probably isn't advisable, especially if your skinny ass likes his house warm (though I'd guess they're quite conservative estimates). Maybe the salt in the stock might help preserve it a bit though?

I don't know why it's even being considered anyway - it's the perfect excuse for KFC.
Old 21st January 2018, 17:25

^ I've already eaten it. Bit worried now.
Old 21st January 2018, 17:35

^ Ah heck, sorry. It's probably fine like the others said - I'm just a bit overly cautious about this kind of thing (which is probably a bit ridiculous considering my ever-readiness to eat KFC or any other takeaway).

If worst comes to worst, just remember that some people pay to have their colons cleared out.
Old 21st January 2018, 17:38
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

I walked around with a fresh chicken yesterday, even took it to counselling with me (in a shopping bag I might add!), for around 5 hours. When I finally made it home it sat on the kitchen work top for a further good hour + before I got round to cooking it. Ate last night and feel fine.
Old 21st January 2018, 17:54

^ You food-prep anarchist. Well that pretty much disproves my worry. Jam, you can unclench now.