Banned at own request

Default Re: Random Questions (3)

toss a coin... and then use 7zip

Either is fine I reckon.
Old 29th April 2015, 16:00

Mood
Pensive

^ that's the point where I usually shout my son.
I haven't a clue but I'm sure someone will tell you what to do next.
Old 29th April 2015, 16:03
Banned at own request

winrar is fine too, what are you left with after you un-rared it ?

I guess I should ask what is the file you are trying to unzip ?
Old 30th April 2015, 12:40
Banned at own request

no worries, feel free to pm if you need anything specific. Malware bytes is a good start, links going to wrong places sound like malware or a hosts file problem.

Malware bytes should sort either.
Old 30th April 2015, 15:09

What is a really great gift to get someone you care about? Has anyone ever bought a gift and thought 'I've done well there', if so what was it? (Yes I'm looking to steal ideas)
Old 30th April 2015, 16:15

Mood
Balanced

Duolingo is very good and free to use.
Old 30th April 2015, 18:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambos
What is a really great gift to get someone you care about? Has anyone ever bought a gift and thought 'I've done well there', if so what was it? (Yes I'm looking to steal ideas)
I always prefer to give people something to do. Theatre tickets tend to be one of my default ideas.
Old 30th April 2015, 18:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaveGirl
I've bought good gifts in the past. My best gifts were a block of driving lessons , aftershave and on one occasions I made a small fimo cat although I didn't give it in the end. I think intention is more important than the gift.
I gave someone a John Lewis voucher last Christmas because they had been helpful throughout the year and supportive when I needed forms signing.
Who is the gift for? Partner? Parent? Colleague? Sibling?
Thankyou. It's for a partner.You're right about the intention, making something is definitely a good thought too I'm just bereft of ideas and skills!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantastical
I always prefer to give people something to do. Theatre tickets tend to be one of my default ideas.
That's a good one too, I think I've done theatre tickets before but there are other things in the world to do...I think...right?

Thanks guys
Old 5th May 2015, 17:22

Am i seeing things, or is this really a shirt/panty combo? O_o

Is there a word for this item of clothing? Is it a new thing or not?
Old 5th May 2015, 18:53

^ I think a more interesting question to ask would be whether you spend a lot of time looking at women's clothing? I'm sure you could pull it off though.
Old 5th May 2015, 19:06

Pfft!

Nah - i've a legit reason - i was on the Zalando homepage (or something like that) and it had both men and women's clothing. I was just scrolling down and spotted it... *raises hands, palms up* ... Totally. Legit
Old 5th May 2015, 20:18
Banned at own request

^ here ya go

Or cover them in jam and stick em out the window. Sooner or later some animal will come along and massage them for you, or possibly a tramp.

Either that or buy I massager I guess. Or a jacuzzi and stick your feet on the nozzle.
Old 8th May 2015, 19:22

Does anybody want to run away with me and travel the world for a year or two?
Old 8th May 2015, 19:42

I sometimes fancy the idea of building a sturdy raft and drifting off into the ocean, taking a duvet and pillow with me.

.. Does that sound more appealing?? Just snuggling up on a raft, under a duvet .. get a mix of us and go boy-girl-boy-girl if it suits, i ain't fussy.
Old 8th May 2015, 23:26

Looks like the raft's going to have to accommodate a tandem then, maybe we should recruit more people and go for a viking longship (that would be quite cool actually).
Old 8th May 2015, 23:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nat36
I might be tempted
Good girl, Nat - just you and me, boy-girling it all the way!

... You best keep that chin and tache trimmed though, we ain't pirates :/
Old 9th May 2015, 08:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nat36
ok I'll make sure I bring me tweezers then
Chin trimmed lol
Old 21st May 2015, 19:10

Has anyones hayfever kicked in yet?

I'm doing alright, but have been 'scratching' my throat with my tongue ... i don't know anyone else who does this, but for me that signifies an irritation brought on by pollen allergy (i never do it any other time of the year). I've also been rubbing around my eyes a lot - they're not watering, just the skins slightly irritated. I've been sneezing a little more...

Other then that, i'm doing fine. I'm just wanting to make comparisons: i'm thinking if others have it now, then i'm not gonna get it so bad this year (it wasn't so bad last year). I've had hayfever for ... i've just realised .. almost 20yrs, and i really hope it's waring off.
Old 26th June 2015, 10:05
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

Has anyone taken a 24+ learning loan whilst claiming ESA (support group)? Just wondered if anyone had any issues with the DWP whilst doing so? Or if there were rules concerning it.

Tbh I'm not entirely sure I can cope with the course from a sa point of view, but am just weighing up different options that i can be getting on with now in terms of returning to work in the future. It is a p/time course starting sept.
Old 17th July 2015, 14:24

I delivered a parcel today to an elderly lady who's cat passed away the day before, she had to have it put down as there was nothing the vets could do for it anymore, it had some long-standing issue of some sort. Anyway, she was very sad and fragile, red-eyed from crying, etc. and we spoke about it all for a while (she's quite a regular, so we've got a little rapport). She was really quite raw though and i didn't want for her to dwell on it all too much because i'm not well acquainted with those situations, and so, after letting the conversation come to a suitable/natural end, i bid a, kinda mournful, farewell.

Now, i've had this happen to me before - that time we talked a little before she (again, another elderly lady) broke up and had to go in, closing me out (if you will).

I think i've dealt with both occasions quite well - i make enough sympathetic sounds to qualify as someone who understands - but, on both occasions, i've come away wondering, at any point, should i have physically comforted them in some way i.e. a reassuring hand on their arm/shoulder, a small hug... ?

We're not strangers, and i only know them because i deliver stuff to their door, but we're quite familiar with each other now, and maybe, most other people, given those circumstances, would do the comfort hand/hug thing ....
Old 19th July 2015, 04:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Spud
I delivered a parcel today to an elderly lady who's cat passed away the day before, she had to have it put down as there was nothing the vets could do for it anymore, it had some long-standing issue of some sort. Anyway, she was very sad and fragile, red-eyed from crying, etc. and we spoke about it all for a while (she's quite a regular, so we've got a little rapport). She was really quite raw though and i didn't want for her to dwell on it all too much because i'm not well acquainted with those situations, and so, after letting the conversation come to a suitable/natural end, i bid a, kinda mournful, farewell.

Now, i've had this happen to me before - that time we talked a little before she (again, another elderly lady) broke up and had to go in, closing me out (if you will).

I think i've dealt with both occasions quite well - i make enough sympathetic sounds to qualify as someone who understands - but, on both occasions, i've come away wondering, at any point, should i have physically comforted them in some way i.e. a reassuring hand on their arm/shoulder, a small hug... ?

We're not strangers, and i only know them because i deliver stuff to their door, but we're quite familiar with each other now, and maybe, most other people, given those circumstances, would do the comfort hand/hug thing ....
Sorry I'm not much use but I find comforting someone difficult even when you know them well, it's a bit awkward.
Old 20th July 2015, 23:07

^ Didn't get a parcel for her today, but am more than likely gonna get one before the weeks end. It's her daughter that has them sent to her address (loads of people do that, sending stuff to retired parents).

Yea, it was awkward, and i'm awkward too, but i'm capable of affection within my family. I get pally with my mates, i've no problem with that either. Those occasions are quite few and far between though.

Dunno, really. It might be about keeping distance and not allowing people to get too close to me
Old 20th July 2015, 23:18

^ I think you're analysing it too much. What you did already was fine.
Old 20th July 2015, 23:46

^ Actually, i was fabricating some nonsense just because i wanted to reply to newbie2013

Honestly though, reading between the lines, i know that i'm just a bloody courier, but there are a handful of 'customers' that i have gotten closer to and she was one of them, and it just made me wonder whether i was being a bit cold.
Old 21st July 2015, 00:13

^ You made all the right noises, that wasn't cold. Some people are touchy-feely, some people are not.
Old 27th July 2015, 14:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by cordyceps
The 7th isnt a bank holiday, right? I checked the government bank holiday site-thing and it says the next one is the 31st Aug. Someone I know seemed quite certain.
No, the next bank holiday is 31st August.

https://www.gov.uk/bank-holidays

EDIT: Just realised you already checked that.
Old 31st July 2015, 22:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulastic_ranger
Why would someone fear anger?
Maybe because they might be afraid to lose control? Assuming you mean their own anger of course.
Old 1st August 2015, 01:21

^ Oh right, well I can remember fearing my dad's anger in case he hit me. So I suppose fear of the angry person becoming physical is one answer.
Old 1st August 2015, 17:08

Anyone wanna recommend me a dish to try for my Indian takeaway order, please lol :D
Old 1st August 2015, 17:10
Banned at own request

^Have you had paneer before ?

I would get garlic chili chicken(if they do it) and paneer tikka.