Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > Room with a View
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 22nd April 2011, 21:15

Default Re: weight loss thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Love My Cats
I assume in your comment you're referring to your own eating habits mainly, and not meaning that people who need to make changes and are taking positive steps towards doing so are not doing enough, or that the changes they are making are not important?
Oh god no...It's great what your all doing. All eating well ect. I just have a very small stomach...Due to bad eating habits.
Old 22nd April 2011, 21:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaveGirl
That sounds healthy for your height.
I've eaten badly today but tired of my constant "I'll start again tomorrow" mindset.
Yeah I think it is too. But I've not been eating again. So my stomach has shrunk again and I force fed myself today...Took me nearly 3hrs to eat a veg samosa. Not good.
Old 22nd April 2011, 21:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Love My Cats
I guess loads of us have ongoing issues where food is/has been used as a coping strategy and for some it's led to putting on weight and feeling bad about themselves due to that - for others, it's maybe more about just feeling bad about the choices we're making.

People's weights seems to be a very sensitive subject and it's good to know that, whether people need to lose a few pounds, or more than that, people are getting behind each other and supporting each other
I couldn't agree more.
Old 23rd May 2011, 18:08

Mood
Angry

Hi all , I have started my healthy eating lifestyle from today. Yesterday was the last eye opener in a long long list of eye openers after seeing myself on cctv in a newsagents - not a good look !!!
Anyway i started today and im feeling good about it !! When i think back to what i used to look like - ouch !! I was hot lol , well not hot but a hell of a lot slimmer than i am now.
Normally by now i have a stonking headache but i have nothing which is good.
Your stories are inspiring me too just do it !!
Old 24th May 2011, 00:26

Mood
Melancholy

ive gained a stone since christmas which needs to be lost ASAP!
Old 24th May 2011, 01:01

Mood
Insomnious

I promised myself at xmas that I'd have a summer body by now. ... That deadline's now been put back to xmas.
Old 24th May 2011, 14:46

Mood
Angry

HaHa !! You made me laugh Geminus !! Technically i dont call it summer till July, a throwback to school days .So i have about 2 months to lose at least a stone and a half , fingers crossed for me eh.
Old 24th May 2011, 18:27

Mood
Insomnious

Quote:
Originally Posted by angeleyes1978
HaHa !! You made me laugh Geminus !! Technically i dont call it summer till July, a throwback to school days .So i have about 2 months to lose at least a stone and a half , fingers crossed for me eh.
Fingers, toes, arms, legs, eyes and anything else that moves - I'll cross it
Old 24th May 2011, 23:53

Mood
Melancholy

went running today for the first time since march!
Old 25th May 2011, 00:34

Mood
Insomnious

Quote:
Originally Posted by toobusycrashing
went running today for the first time since march!
Oh please, I've been out of serious training for almost 3 yrs now and am definitely struggling to get back in to it. (As you can see I have quite a few jogs to do before I'll fit those trousers again!)

About two and half years ago
Old 26th May 2011, 15:55

Mood
Worried

well done
Old 26th May 2011, 18:34
Banned (at own request)

Mood
Pensive

Wow this is a good thread. *bump*

Um, I'm 5'8 and 14 stone, some of it's muscle, but my beer belly has got out of hand now. Been on a diet for three weeks but gotta go back to Ipswich saturday, where I'll be drinking super lagers for three days and eating chinese food

Last time I went home, for the first time in 3 months, everybody was telling me what a fat you-know-what I am Even the guy in the corner shop took the pee out of my belly.

I badly want to lose weight because I want to start internet dating again, I'm not the best looking or tallest but I used to get compliments about my physique at least.

Congratulations to all who are giving this a go, it's not easy is it? But we can do it
Old 26th May 2011, 18:38

Mood
Insomnious

Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaGetBetter
Wow this is a good thread. *bump*

Um, I'm 5'8 and 14 stone, some of it's muscle, but my beer belly has got out of hand now. Been on a diet for three weeks but gotta go back to Ipswich saturday, where I'll be drinking super lagers for three days and eating chinese food

Last time I went home, for the first time in 3 months, everybody was telling me what a fat you-know-what I am Even the guy in the corner shop took the pee out of my belly.

I badly want to lose weight because I want to start internet dating again, I'm not the best looking or tallest but I used to get compliments about my physique at least.

Congratulations to all who are giving this a go, it's not easy is it? But we can do it

We will persevere and succeed!
Old 26th May 2011, 22:08

Mood
Angry

Gottagetbetter you should have belly flopped the geezer in the corner !!!!! I would have lol infact my belly so big i can do it from my laptop sat here , just pm me which corner he is in ipswich and his face dont want to squash the wrong guy hhaaahaaaa !!!
Old 30th May 2011, 18:47

Mood
Angry

Oh dear just read my last entry above , i think i might have had a sugar rush...apologies
Old 31st May 2011, 00:45

Mood
Shoveit

Am I the only one eating his weight in food to bulk up with training? Seems so lol

Weight gain thread needed!
Old 31st May 2011, 08:34

Mood
Insomnious

Quote:
Originally Posted by surreyger
Am I the only one eating his weight in food to bulk up with training? Seems so lol

Weight gain thread needed!
How tall are you, how much do you currently weight, how much you interested in putting on, what's your metabolism currently like and what sort of diet are you currently on?
Old 31st May 2011, 10:56

Mood
Shoveit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geminus
How tall are you, how much do you currently weight, how much you interested in putting on, what's your metabolism currently like and what sort of diet are you currently on?
Dont get me started mate! lol

Im about 5"10ish, maybe 11. 10stone (ectomorph). Im only after putting on a stone maybe a stone and a half, as I want to be realistic as im not broad so theres only going to be so much I can do.

Weight train nearly everyday (probably overtrain a little tbh) Im eating pretty healthy, I eat alot, but have been focusing on the protein mostly so only around 2k calories, im on between 100-120g of protein a day, mostly from food and milk, I dont really have the money for shakes & powders.
Old 31st May 2011, 15:26

Mood
Insomnious

Quote:
Dont get me started mate! lol

Im about 5"10ish, maybe 11. 10stone (ectomorph). Im only after putting on a stone maybe a stone and a half, as I want to be realistic as im not broad so theres only going to be so much I can do.

Weight train nearly everyday (probably overtrain a little tbh) Im eating pretty healthy, I eat alot, but have been focusing on the protein mostly so only around 2k calories, im on between 100-120g of protein a day, mostly from food and milk, I dont really have the money for shakes & powders.
TBH food is where you wish to get it from anyway, shakes and powders are cool for additions but the real quality gain comes from food and hard work. That being said, you're right, you're definitely over training. I'm gonna make a suggestion to you which you're probably not going to like the sound of but if you find it hard going putting on the weight you have been aiming for, keep on eating as much as you can but train only once or twice a week, as heavy as you can go and do that for about a month.

Also 2k calories, did that come from a calculator where you fed in your stat's or is it the text book base that you're working with?

How often are you eating over the course of the day? You should be aiming for at least 5 times a day but more is absolutely fine.
Old 31st May 2011, 16:13

Mood
Shoveit

Quote:
TBH food is where you wish to get it from anyway, shakes and powders are cool for additions but the real quality gain comes from food and hard work. That being said, you're right, you're definitely over training. I'm gonna make a suggestion to you which you're probably not going to like the sound of but if you find it hard going putting on the weight you have been aiming for, keep on eating as much as you can but train only once or twice a week, as heavy as you can go and do that for about a month.

Also 2k calories, did that come from a calculator where you fed in your stat's or is it the text book base that you're working with?

How often are you eating over the course of the day? You should be aiming for at least 5 times a day but more is absolutely fine.
Thanks mate. Yeh the 2000calories is how much im eating, it should be more I just cant manage it yet. I do need to cut down the training.
Old 31st May 2011, 17:29

Mood
Insomnious

Quote:
Thanks mate. Yeh the 2000calories is how much im eating, it should be more I just cant manage it yet. I do need to cut down the training.
Personally I would just aim to eat as much as you can as often as you can.. As long as you can afford it, just force feed yourself and your body gradually adjusts. Not sure how well you do with food shopping and meal plans, but there are some great ways to keep yourself fed without breaking the bank.. so take a look around on google searches for various meal plans and shopping ideas (if you haven't done so already).

2k cal does sound low to me... if I went on a diet of 2k, even though I have been out of serious training for almost 3 yrs, I'd probably still end up losing weight over time as I'd burn through it quite easily I reckon.

Although I said to train heavy (& I do mean as heavy as you can... only aiming for 4 to 6 reps max.. and as you go along, even one to two reps) at the end you will still want to fill out those muscles with blood and really stretch them as far as they can go.. so light weights and high reps, short break times.. and really feel the burn.. on these last exercises, full range of movement is important and with the light weights, it will be easier to achieve without straining the joints too much.

Your body fat might go up a bit but you don't care about that at this moment, what you care about is bulking, strength gains and manipulating your metabolism to work for you. I put a stone in one month first time I tried this and my bench jump about 20 to 30kg. Now I can gain that weight in under two weeks... probably shorter if I really pushed myself.

I recommend this to people and their first response is 'training once a week?? F** off' but when they give it a go, they see more gains than they had been managing to achieve... so in my book I reckon you should give it a go and see how it works out.
Old 31st May 2011, 17:54
Banned (at own request)

Mood
Pensive

Quote:
We will persevere and succeed!
Hope so But I was half-cut three nights in a row and ate chinese food so not the best possible start Been good today though.

Eating 1500 calories a day, or thereabouts. Did the trick before. I need to go from 14 stone to 12 stone so I can be marginally less ashamed of my picture on dating sites. Cheers for the encouragement

@Angeleyes1978 - you sure it was just sugar? No worries Funnily enough, me and my brother and my mate are fond of the odd belly-barging contest. Suuuuumo!
Old 31st May 2011, 20:35

Mood
Insomnious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren
I'm trying the whole 5 small meals a day thing, and so far it's working a treat.
This is a brilliant to hear, just wnted to check.. do you moderate your intake of things such as fat, sugar, wheat/ yeast etc...?
Old 1st June 2011, 15:53

Mood
Insomnious

Quote:
Originally Posted by splonky
Hi folks, I've been trying to lose weight for the last few weeks, writing about my progress on the 'I Predict A Diet' thread, then I saw this thread and thought I'd join you guys over here

I'm eating around 1400-1500 calories a day, spread over 5 - 7 small meals/snacks. I have muesli and nuts for breakfast, a low fat turkey breast Subway for lunch, brown rice, vegetables and Quorn sausages for tea, plus fruit, ricecakes with Marmite, and low fat baked crisps for snacks.

I've lost 1lb this week, same as last week, bringing me down to 10st 5lb. I'm pleased with this because I was expecting a gain - was away at the weekend and stuffed my face a little bit (ice cream, big roast beef pub meal, little cake, huge piece of cake and hot chocolate!)

Good luck to all you other 'losers' (of weight!), well done on all the weight lost so far, and I'll be back next week!

WooHoo!!!
Old 1st June 2011, 16:36
Banned (at own request)

Well done to everybody! Yay!!

I have lost a stone since I last posted on this thread, so I am now 8st 7lbs. Just half a stone to go until I am back to my normal weight.

I'm only 5' 4.75" with a small frame so I look weird with any extra poundage, everyone tells me, in a nice way. It also feels weird as well, it's horrible to be fat, honestly, to any skinny people out there!

My weight loss is mostly due to coming off a drug called pregabalin which causes weight gain (no more drugs for me -ever!). However, I have been gyming it and eating healthily.

I think the key is to exercise and only eat when you are hungry then you will naturally balance out at the weight that is right for you.
Old 1st June 2011, 17:23

Mood
Insomnious

Well done to you also Yay!!
Old 1st June 2011, 18:22
Banned (at own request)

^

Thanks I just clocked a pic of you further back in this thread. Does having a body like you had/have make you feel more confident and combat your SA? Is that why you have trained so hard, if you don't mind me asking?

Edit: Ignore that question, it was meant in all sincerity; I got down to 11 pc body fat once through exercise, which is lunacy for a woman. But this is a trophy thread.
Old 1st June 2011, 19:33

Mood
Dreaming

i've decided to lose half a stone, just need to stay off the macdonalds and fatty foods but it's soo tempting
Old 1st June 2011, 20:00
Banned

Mood
Lawabiding

Quote:
Oh please, I've been out of serious training for almost 3 yrs now and am definitely struggling to get back in to it. (As you can see I have quite a few jogs to do before I'll fit those trousers again!)

About two and half years ago
you have a great build. You don't need any Test boosters, lol.
Old 1st June 2011, 20:36

Mood
Insomnious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Haze 2
you have a great build. You don't need any Test boosters, lol.
Thanks bro , that was after I dropped size and had some wastage (you can see the strtch marks on my arms).

I still have a round about size on me, I just need to tone it up and shape it up again.
Currently I can bench a 125kg bar. My endurance levels are crap low though and number of reps reflect this. I'd like to take it at least back to a 140kg bench (my pesonal best) and hopefully push through to a 160kg bench. Get arms up to 18/ 19", push my chest/ back out and waist down to either 28 or 29" (it's 27" in that pic but I doubt I'll wish to maintain that and keep the size.. we'll see). I think what I'll do is try bulk up first to put more initial size on, then tone down the mid section to try and sculpt the profile I'm looking for. I also need to try get my back sorted out also as I used to squat f/w 240kg 4 x 10 as a start out to my leg training days and it's had a bit of an impact on the lig's between my spinal discs.

I am hoping my T levels shall elevate again once I get back in to reg training, as they way they feel at the moment is lower than I am used to and I am not sure if it's just because I don't train anymore or if because they are depleted a bit (which is why I am going to test them and check) But I used to train between 5 and 7 days each week and it sent them through the roof, so maybe that's just the problem (along with the pills I am on currently).

My first hurdle is to regain my motivation to train, then I can tackle the other stuff (including most of all, my diet )