SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 31st December 2011, 18:04

Mood
Cold

Default constant nightmares. (sorry this got long)

okay so i have gone from someone that sleep's peacfully to someone that has constant nightmares and such.

I am not sure what the issue here is exactly but it is really affecting me. i suspect i am a sleep walker and have suspected for quite a while now but have no way of finding out as i live alone, but over the past few weeks i have got hardly any sleep. one night i fell asleep at 10pm and woke at 1am fell back asleep and woke at 1.40am fell back asleep woke up at 6am fell back asleep and woke at 11am. The next time i went to sleep around 10am and woke at 3am.... never went back to sleep. Then another time i went to sleep at 11.30pm and woke around 7am fell back asleep and woke around 11am.

so as you can imagine i am constantly tired and grouchy; however then the nightmares started setting in. I remember my sister saying something about having a nightmare and that night was the start of my nightmares. i can't remember them all but i remember two.. which keeps repeating on my mind.

nightmare 1 - was with a close family friend but we were together, i was sitting on my bed then he appeared in my room when i was naked... i am not entierly sure if we had sex or not but at the end i turned to my side as he got off me and i noticed there was a boy. He turned to the boy and said 'see thats how you do it' and the boy had a blank look on his face as i was raging. i asked how old the boy was and he said 'between the ages of 7 and 11' he said it like it was nothing and climbed off my bed doing himself up as they both dissapeared. (im saving all the gory details)

nightmare 2 (night before last) - me and my mum and immideate family went to a theatre to see something (not sure what) and somewhere along the line there was a medical emergency and i passed out. Suddenly when i was woke i was on a chair and the back of the theatre turned into like a emergency depo. the nurse told me i needed to have blood taken and my mum was behind me, i kept saying to take it from my palm (as they always do) but she said she couldnt. i then kept telling my mum to go as she will miss the production but she refused to leave! i kept trying but she wouldnt go so in the end i asked to be taken to a private room (hoping my mum wouldnt be allowed in) and we was warned it was very hot in the other room but i didnt care i wanted to go. my plan didnt work and my mum came anyway.

you see i didnt want my mum to come with me as she would see my self harm scars and find out that i self harm, there is no way i can make up an excuse as to where the scars are from. Suddenly i blacked out (like the guy in the butterfly affect) and when i woke i was told i needed a blood transfusion.

i dont know whats wrong with me but i have a theory for the last nightmare. you see on christmas eve i had to get bloods taken because every time i stand up i feel faint and black out (hence the blackouts in the nightmare). when i got to the place that takes blood the woman i usually see wasnt there and i had to see another woman which i hate doing as they will see all my scars and i dont know how they will react (she was fine but that wasnt the point) after having the bloods taken i blacked out and dont remember much after that (had a panic attack which never happens).

I am still waiting on the results but then it was only a few days ago but prior being sent to get bloods the doctor said i have a very low blood pressure which she didnt do much about. I suffer from chest pains anyway but have learned to deal with it but more recently i get really bad dizzy spells. I can be sitting down fine one moment while i will get a extreme dizzy spell where there is a lot of pressure in my head and i feel my head tilt to one side. It goes away but it can happen up to 30-40 times a day.

i think the last nightmare is because i feel like something really bad is wrong which is affecting my daily life now. I am constantly tired and just dont know what to feelor think anymore.

i feel emotionally numb...actually every kind of numb possible and these nightmares are not making things any better. It is a every night thing and i dont know hoe to cope with it.

anyone else experience this?

oh and ps. i have a thing with numbers.... it's like the only thing i remember so well is numbers which is why i remember the exact times i woke on certain days.
Old 1st January 2012, 15:28

Mood
Cold

Default Re: constant nightmares. (sorry this got long)

Thank you for the reply, that was actually quite interesting. I suspect sleep walking as I can go to sleep with the house in one state and wake with the house in a completely different state and I don't remember doing it. Or maybe I have polterguist... Hmm well either way it don't bother me.

The self-harming my therapist know's about, so it isn't a complete secret. Today I'm planning to tell my mum as I know that the circumstances this year will bring may make it a lot worse. Guess I'm ready to have a big arguement as it seems to always end like that in others stories. This I too don't care about.. I guess it's better she knows.

Thank you.