SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 13th December 2007, 20:02
Deepest Blue

Default Capello, next England Manager then...

Looks like it's confirmed, just need to sort out some minor issues such as support staff, but looks as though England are getting an Italian manager who's won a trophy with every single team he's managed... interesting times...
Old 13th December 2007, 20:10

Mood
Blah

Default Re: Capello, next England Manager then...

About time tbh

They should have done this straight after Sven. But at least having a shit English manager has shut the media up about banging on about having an English manager....till the next England loss no doubt
Old 13th December 2007, 20:23

Mood
Spaced

i'm a bit confused as to why people are getting excited about old fab. sure, he's got a top record, winning the serie a with roma was nothing short of a miracle, but sven had a great record as a club manager. i dont really give a monkeys about england but i am interested to see him kicking some of those over inflated ego's to the kerb. i dont even know if some of them will care tho. club before country these days i think.
Old 13th December 2007, 20:25
Deepest Blue

Although his accolades are second to none, it's worth noting that, in my opinion, the most significant of them all is winning Serie A with a less major team such as Roma, to me, Roma are the equivalent to someone like Newcastle or Tottenham in the Premier League, so to me that's significant enough. Another significant thing is that his AC Milan team that won the Champions League in 1994 beating the much fancied world class team such as Barcelona 4-0 has been hailed as the best ever game between two clubs in history. I remember seeing that final and i was blow away with how amazing AC Milan played, i remember the goal by Dejan Savicevic was one of the best goals i've ever seen in my life.
Old 13th December 2007, 20:46

Isn't anyone just a little concerned that he can't speak English?
Old 13th December 2007, 20:55

Mood
Spaced

aint gianfranco zola gonna be his assistant? he can speak english pretty well though. capello couldn't speak spanish and yet he took r madrid to la liga. plus he has one scary scowl.
Old 13th December 2007, 20:58

Mood
Daring

I think Capello was the best choice for the job, better than any english manager
Old 13th December 2007, 20:58
Deepest Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantini
Isn't anyone just a little concerned that he can't speak English?
...lol can any of us anyway! But seriously, aparently he's a very intelligent man and can speak already speak Spanish and French quite fluently and he already knows a few words in English as i've seen on Skysports today he said a few things in English..

To be honest, although i am on the agreement that England should have an English manager, i am quite excited by this prospect. I really think England can win something now, as someone quite rightly said the problem with the England team, i feel, has been psychological in my view, especially in terms of winning and finishing games off (such as with the likes of Russia when we were 1-0 up) or when it comes to Penalities. Capello's mentality has always been of win win win at whatever cost.

Englands problems are NOT the players, they have been two things:

a) a lack of an experienced manager at world class level
b) a long run of psychological problems getting over the winning line in key games and on penalties

Once the above two have been fixed (and they will be with Capello), everything else should fall into place nicely.
Old 13th December 2007, 22:25

Looks like we`ve got someone decent at last can`t wait to see what he can do with our underachievers.
Old 13th December 2007, 22:41

A really exciting prospect though him speaking no English is a bit of a drawback.
Closed Thread