SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 6th February 2018, 20:20

Default Re: Random Questions (3)

Does anyone know of any good places to get nice laminate flooring?
Old 8th February 2018, 09:13

Mood
Blah

i accidently made my phone forget my bluetooth headphones... anyone know how to fix it? ive tried a settings reset already
Old 8th February 2018, 10:09

^ is it Android? Go to apps, settings, bluetooth, make sure bluetooth is on. Switch your headphones on. They should show up in the list of available devices, just select them from the list to connect.
Old 8th February 2018, 13:35

Mood
Blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by anxiouslondoner
^ is it Android? Go to apps, settings, bluetooth, make sure bluetooth is on. Switch your headphones on. They should show up in the list of available devices, just select them from the list to connect.
yes android, nope they dont show up
Old 9th February 2018, 17:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebka
What came before everything existed? What was there before anything at all existed? And I mean EVERYTHING and ANYTHING that exists and existed, what was there before it all? Was there nothing before there was anything? Like, truly really nothing? If there was a point where there was NOTHING it***8217;s so cool how everything came from nothing
I used to think about how it would be if the universe had always existed. Never had a beginning; always was. I reckon that, as a child of nine or however old, I came pretty close to understanding the infinite.

Come to think of it, that's about the time the problems started... :mindexploder:
Old 10th February 2018, 13:49

Mood
Tired

Random thought of the day;

I find myself having to access memory to think of my life, what I need to do, what I need to remember,
What I need to worry about etc.
But then, who or what am I in the present?
Who or what am I without accessing memory, without dwelling on the past or thinking of the future?

It's almost like I need to jump into the past or future just to avoid the fact that I am nothing without memory, without thought.
Maybe we sustain and prolong 'ourselves' by accessing thought?
Old 11th February 2018, 20:12

Quote:
What came before everything existed? What was there before anything at all existed? And I mean EVERYTHING and ANYTHING that exists and existed, what was there before it all? Was there nothing before there was anything? Like, truly really nothing? If there was a point where there was NOTHING it***8217;s so cool how everything came from nothing
Well there are several theories, but my thinking is that although the big bang created our universe, this must have been formed by something. It just doesn't seem logical to me that something is created from literally nothing. I think this universe is probably one of many, we can't access the other universes as they exist in other planes of existence.
Old 11th February 2018, 23:23

Trying to track down a song from the 90's: it was an African/French pop hit, was often on The Box ('music channel you control'), some tribal imagery perhaps, a joyous chorus... early/mid nineties..

?
Old 11th February 2018, 23:54

I think it might've been a one hit wonder, not a major artist.

There was definitely strong African vibes to it. I think there was a female vocal part. The chorus was sang by many. The video was outdoors... I hope this helps!
Old 12th February 2018, 08:00

Mood
Blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Spud
I think it might've been a one hit wonder, not a major artist.

There was definitely strong African vibes to it. I think there was a female vocal part. The chorus was sang by many. The video was outdoors... I hope this helps!
could this be it?
Old 12th February 2018, 08:08

Yes!! Well done, biscuits!

I'm not exactly sold on it either. I was given a copy of it as a gift from a French exchange student that we had stay. I remember it being on The Box a fair bit... before flicking over to MTV or VH-1
Old 12th February 2018, 08:13

Mood
Blah

aww my guess was way more african & better then wes
Old 12th February 2018, 08:22

Haha, yeah, i quite liked that song back in the day, strong African vibes!
Old 12th February 2018, 10:56

^is there a World Cup on? Great, nothing quite like a few months of delusional patriotic optimism followed by a crushing sense of utter disappointment.
Old 13th February 2018, 12:52
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

Anyone know of any good budget meal/recipe websites?

I found one called skintdad.co.uk which seems good. Any others?

I'm wasting far to much food recently and buying stuff I really don't need
Old 13th February 2018, 13:09

Mood
Sneaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo34
Anyone know of any good budget meal/recipe websites?

I found one called skintdad.co.uk which seems good. Any others?

I'm wasting far to much food recently and buying stuff I really don't need

I dunno if this is of interest but i save a lot of money just by cooking in large batches, and sticking portions in the freezer in either tupperware or old food jars. Much less food gets wasted when you make large portions, like when you buy a bag of carrots or onions and end up tossing loads of them out. Making big batches uses everything up, and often buying a big pack of chicken or mince works out way cheaper than a small pack for one meal

It also means that you are never stuck without a meal, which can often lead to expensive last-minute arrangements.

I could go on and on about the time it saves not having to wash pots and chopping boards and all that when yr just microwaving a jar, but I'll leave it there ;p
Old 13th February 2018, 13:22

Mood
Lonely

Does anyone have any flu/cold remedies?
Old 13th February 2018, 14:18
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Hodge
I dunno if this is of interest but i save a lot of money just by cooking in large batches, and sticking portions in the freezer in either tupperware or old food jars. Much less food gets wasted when you make large portions, like when you buy a bag of carrots or onions and end up tossing loads of them out. Making big batches uses everything up, and often buying a big pack of chicken or mince works out way cheaper than a small pack for one meal

It also means that you are never stuck without a meal, which can often lead to expensive last-minute arrangements.

I could go on and on about the time it saves not having to wash pots and chopping boards and all that when yr just microwaving a jar, but I'll leave it there ;p
Yeah I think it's something I need to start doing more of. I'm not great at batch cooking - well I say that, I duno really, it's not something I do very often (or ever). I can imagine it's quite easy to do say cottage pie, chilli, bolognase but after that I sort of run out of ideas

I'm also never sure how well reheating things are. Like what things can be recooked/heated from frozen or need to be defrosted 1st etc.. My mum used to have a freezer cookbook, wish i'd hung on to it now!

I was looking at a photo on Instagram of my cousins cooking skills, she's either veggie or vegan I can't remember but the stuff she was batch cooking looked amazing! Might have a google in a bit, see what I can find for batch recipes.
Old 13th February 2018, 14:21
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimplesxo
Honey, lemon and fresh ginger.

I think it might have been biscuits that recommended this to me on here. It does help! fresh ginger isn't something I would have thought about.
Old 13th February 2018, 14:35

Mood
Fine

Quote:
https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-G...ucts/260439360

Old 13th February 2018, 15:28

Quote:
Drink tons, I had to travel to Manchester and back once feeling hideous, glands were like golf balls so it wasn't ideal but I drank constantly, hot chocolates, water galore, some fizzy and that kept me going...just! Just keep drinking. I tried honey and lemon but god it's horrible, if you can stomach it good for you!
Also try spicy foods, (I hate them so no use for me) but yeah go for some curries. Feel better soon! Drink and go for the spicy foods, that's all I have.
Old 13th February 2018, 16:56

Mood
Lonely

Thanks for the tips guys, I will definitely give the Ginger, honey and lemon tonic a go tomorrow.
Old 13th February 2018, 17:21

Mood
Sneaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo34
Yeah I think it's something I need to start doing more of. I'm not great at batch cooking - well I say that, I duno really, it's not something I do very often (or ever). I can imagine it's quite easy to do say cottage pie, chilli, bolognase but after that I sort of run out of ideas

I'm also never sure how well reheating things are. Like what things can be recooked/heated from frozen or need to be defrosted 1st etc.. My mum used to have a freezer cookbook, wish i'd hung on to it now!

I was looking at a photo on Instagram of my cousins cooking skills, she's either veggie or vegan I can't remember but the stuff she was batch cooking looked amazing! Might have a google in a bit, see what I can find for batch recipes.

casseroles and stews work well, and if you put potatoes in there its a meal ready to go straight out the microwave

its kind of interesting for me explaining this stuff, i guess i just never realised how much time ive devoted to faffing around with all this. i find myself wondering if i should explain the weird microwave defrosting protocols i worked out, where i stick a frozen pot in there for a couple of minutes, come back to it half an hour lateer, poke it around a bite, give it another two mins, rinse/repeat xD

typically i decided what im having the next day before i go to bed, i'll just stick it in the fridge overmight...if its still bone hard in the morning i just leave it out on the worktop for a few hours...its quite possible to just microwave things from frozen anyway, the rule is just to make sure its piping hot...as it starts to thaw out a bit give it a good stir in between blasts in the microwave so that the heat spread throughout. as long as its all piping hot when you eat it you can't really go wrong

i also have started making big batches of rice and mash potato and freezing them by the portion, again it saves potatoes sprouting in the cupboard and getting binned

but yeah i dunno what sort of stuff you like, i'd just google some chicken casseroles, beef casseroles, whatever yr into. you can bulk them all out with carrots, onions, potatoes, frozen veg etc (which is fine to refreeze once cooked), these healthy bulkers are tasty and cheap as hell, as well as good for you ^-^

hey now that i think about it i remember reading a website where this lady has a plan for feeding yourself on a pound or less a day, i cant remember if i used any of her recipes but maybe just took a few pointers for the kind of ingredients that are really good value. might be worth a look

https://www.thriftylesley.com/meal-plans/
Old 14th February 2018, 20:07

Are 'bubble butts' prized in the gay community?
Old 14th February 2018, 21:04

Mood
Sneaky

Quote:

is there an amusing anecdote to go with this question, or just general curiosity?
Old 14th February 2018, 21:11

Mood
Shoveit

Quote:
Kiss me and I'll tell ya
Old 14th February 2018, 21:12

Just wondering whether i can get a gig as a camboy!

You know, i walk and walk and walk and walk, do my fair bit on the climber, am naturally slim... and i've still got a ton of jiggle
Old 15th February 2018, 07:00
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

Anyone else have adblock plus, where it's just stopped working for no reason. Its running but i'm getting ads on a lot of sites, including ads in youtube videos again
Old 15th February 2018, 12:23
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

^^
Adblock plus using Chrome has been blocking my ads on youtube for awhile.

Well up until yesterday! anyways. i'm gonna have a go at reinstalling I think....
Old 15th February 2018, 13:17

Mood
Sneaky

Quote:
^ maybe someone in your house has been dabbling in satanic rituals? Summoned Beelzebub? Flies can be a sign he***8217;s near

i guess this makes spiders little christian soldiers