SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 19th July 2021, 13:25

Default Re: How is everyone feeling? (31)

^ How are you feeling today Tortilla?
Old 19th July 2021, 19:04

I just had the landlord pop round. Obviously I panicked and cleaned the place as thoroughly as I could in advance, but I don't think he was too fussed. Now I'm still feeling the panic of having to hold a conversation with him for a few minutes, while worrying that there was probably still quite visible dirt on the skirting boards.
Why do conversations never get any less stressful? My brain is always trying to decide if jumping out of the window would be the less painful course of action. It doesn't matter how much I tell myself it doesn't matter, how much I do this, I still feel like I'm being forced to choose which wire of an unexploded bomb to cut.

Last edited by anxiouslondoner; 19th July 2021 at 19:05. Reason: spelling self-Nazism
Old 20th July 2021, 00:06

^ I'm so sorry to hear this
I hope something bad hasn't happened

^^ I can only imagine how horrible it must feel, Al, to have a landlord turn up to inspect your home. It would feel like an invasion of privacy of sorts and I know I'd also struggle to make conversation in such a situation.

I'm feeling worried.
I've got to spend time in a Hospital and a Vet's tomorrow both of which will be anxiety inducing. Just the smell of these places makes me feel queasy.
Old 20th July 2021, 00:23

^ Thanks. It wasn't actually an inspection - at least not of the sort to make sure I've not trashed the place - but it felt like one! Now I'm trying to resist analysing exactly what I did wrong in that situation.

Good luck at the hospital tomorrow. And the vet. They can both be very stressful situations.
Old 20th July 2021, 00:46
Banned at own request

I don't think anyone will be able to relate to this but I have been getting issues where each time I go to sleep I feel a dizzying sense of panic and overwhelming fear. it's been absolutely ruining my sleep, because the cycle would repeat over and over each night when I was drifting off.
the sleep panic is finally abating due to reducing my medication. I feel relieved about that but the meds side effect of panicking over everything also highlighted a bunch of dysfunctional things in my life which I don't really know how to fix. and now I am upset about those issues again.
Old 20th July 2021, 01:05
Banned (at own request)

^^^^^I'm feeling much better, thanks to your kind words Consolida How did your hospital and vets appointment go, yesterday? I hope it's not bad news.

AmxiousLondoner - landlord inspections are my nightmare. They remind me that this is not my home and make me feel vulnerable. I hope you were able to stop the post-event brooding.
Old 20th July 2021, 01:13
Banned (at own request)

Sorry to hear that Misanthrope. I do hope you get some sleep. It can be vicious circle thing. Not enough sleep or bad quality sleep maintains anxiety and they feed each other. Hug.
Old 20th July 2021, 01:34

^^^ It's good that lowering the dosage of your medication is reducing your feelings of panic as you attempt to drift off to sleep but not so good if it's triggering other anxieties
Would you consider trying a different medication or treatment indignant misanthrope?

^^ I'm glad you are feeling much better Tortilla

The Hospital and Vets appointments are tomorrow. I fear that the news may be very bad at the Hospital but the Veterinary appointment is for routine annual vaccinations so that will be fine, apart from the good old SA rearing it's ugly head during my interaction with the Vet.
Btw, thank you for your kind words, Tortilla, very much appreciated
Old 20th July 2021, 03:31

Mood
Breezy

Good luck at the hospital and vets consolida
Old 20th July 2021, 11:53
Banned at own request

thanks tortilla and consolida

I think i'm gonna have to, even 5mg is too much and leads to problems, I hope everything goes well with the appointments.
Old 20th July 2021, 19:15

Mood
Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Devil, Probably.
I feel so profoundly alone and lonely in this world.
I feel the same. Hope you are doing better today

^That must have been very unsettling @indignant misanthrope. I often have terrible nights, although it's not meds related as I don't take any. Sometimes I just have to get up, make a cup of tea and some toast, anything to avoid that hell of lying in bed full of panic, not being able to sleep. I hope you get some better sleep soon.
Old 20th July 2021, 20:30

Mood
Dreaming

Frustrated. I'm in a shared house at the minute and i'm moving into my own flat (exciting times!) But its been delayed, i might have to stay here for another week and its messing with my sa not having my own space. Its like a toasty awkward uncomfortable limbo. Being stuck in my room in this weather is awful. Time cant go fast enough.
Old 21st July 2021, 10:58
Banned at own request

thanks cp
I have had insomnia all my adult life and remember having issues with sleep as a child, I was on various anxiety medications for a long time mostly as they were known and proven to be sedatives.
Old 21st July 2021, 12:42

Mood
Cynical

Quote:
Originally Posted by twosocks
Frustrated. I'm in a shared house at the minute and i'm moving into my own flat (exciting times!) But its been delayed, i might have to stay here for another week and its messing with my sa not having my own space. Its like a toasty awkward uncomfortable limbo. Being stuck in my room in this weather is awful. Time cant go fast enough.
Good news that you're moving in to your own place, but your current situation sounds uncomfortable! Do you have a fan in your room?
Old 21st July 2021, 13:02
Global Moderator

Mood
Scared

Unpleasantly hot

I'm literally praying for it to cool down.
Old 21st July 2021, 16:10

^ I saw on the weather that the West Country has got the heat wave especially bad. Not that it feels any cooler in the South-east!

I hate this heat too. It's a horrible sticky oppressive heat that makes your clothes stick to your skin. I've been to places where it's been a similar temperature, such as Italy or the South of France, and it never felt as humid as it does here. In my opinion, there's nothing remotely pleasant about a British heatwave.
Old 21st July 2021, 17:43

^ & ^^ pffft I'm done with this heat too!

It makes me just wanna annoy everyone I come across so they chuck a bucket of water at me!
Old 21st July 2021, 19:07

Mood
Alienated

I was once walking about Belgrade in Serbia all day with a rucksack where it was 36 degrees in 2019 (EDIT: I lie - the highest it got to was about 33) It was very hot, but I felt quite relaxed and didn’t feel too bad.
It’s been about 24 here today and I’ve really struggled. Tried going for a walk, but it was too much and I had to come back!
Old 21st July 2021, 21:37

Mood
Dreaming

Thanks doug, yeah i do but its only a chibi desk fan. Having Gobby neighbours outside doesnt help for when i want to open my window either. Pesky things.
Old 21st July 2021, 22:11

I'm feeling useless, like there's genuinely no point to me.
Old 21st July 2021, 23:05

Mood
Cynical

^ I know that feeling well, but you are great
Old 22nd July 2021, 10:21

^ I second that. Merrit is great

So tired through lack of sleep. I bought an elevated cushion thing to place under my feet as it's meant to ease the pain of Plantar fasciitis but it didn't. My feet and legs are in agony. I wonder if amputation will solve the problem.
Old 22nd July 2021, 18:30

Thank you, both

Sorry you're suffering, Consolida. Pain and lack of sleep sound like a horrible combo
Old 22nd July 2021, 18:37

^ I also disagree! You bring me joy with your little humourous (apparently that's not a word?) stories that you post on here.
Old 22nd July 2021, 19:09

^^ Yeah I disagree too. Whenever I see Merritt has posted, you better believe I'm reading it everytime.
Old 22nd July 2021, 22:30

I won't bore you all with how I think I must be a horrible person for having somehow tricked you into thinking well of me so I'll just say you're all very lovely and fanks kindly.
Old 23rd July 2021, 01:29

@Merritt I think we can all relate to that feeling. Reminds me of the meme :

Me: I'm scared I might be am awful person and I'm just fooling people into thinking I'm good
Therapist: The fact you care so deeply about being a bad person is proof you're a good person, bad people don't care about being bad
Me: Oh no I've fooled them too

If we all think you're a good person, either we're all collectively the dumbest bunch in history, you're the best most effective scam artist ever or possibly you might just be be nice

I feel sad. It's always worst at night or on first waking
Old 23rd July 2021, 21:38

^ You certainly aren't all dumb, and I couldn't con my way into getting an extra chewy fried egg in my 10p mix, but still, I can't manage to believe the other bit

I tend to feel the extremes of my mood at those times too. Early in the day I'm anxious at how many hours there are in front of me, and at night I get all reflective and maudlin. That said, the bits in between aren't that great either.
Old 24th July 2021, 21:28

Feeling rubbish had a good day thursday and felt quite hopeful and a lift in my mood.
today just been a bad day with negative thoughts. Just feel really vulnerable.
Old 24th July 2021, 23:45
Banned (at own request)

^Sorry you're struggling like this Trulyblue I sometimes feel positive and hopeful too, and then it's just disheartening and frustrating when the anxiety comes back and I'm reminded that I'm not in control of my moods, of myself.

I'm sorry I don't have a solution, but you're not alone. Hug.