SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 26th July 2020, 22:31

Mood
Bored

Default Re: How is everyone feeling? (31)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anxiouslondoner
Sad that I can't visit my sister in Spain any more. I was due to go this coming Saturday. At least I got almost all my money back. But I miss my little nephew! He's growing up quickly without me...
I should book another holiday somewhere but just don't really feel like being anywhere alone.
I do everything alone. It's utterly pointless. I don't want to exist in this solitary confinement.
Gutted for you. I love Spain, where does your sister live? I was there 3 weeks ago visiting my parents. Sad that they probably won't be coming back in a few weeks due to this quarantine that has been introduced again.
Old 26th July 2020, 23:31

^ thanks. Pamplona. Which is pretty much the epicentre of the new spike. I hope they'll be OK.
I hope your parents make it over here. My sister was due to come over to the UK in late August too though that also looks like it's not going to happen either.
Old 26th July 2020, 23:41

Mood
Bored

^ I've not heard of Pamplona, my parents have an apartment near to Torrevieja, and fly into Alicante or Murcia. They are due to come back mid August, but I think they will stay there. Hope you get to see your sister and nephew soon, it's hard when family are so far away, especially at times like this.
Old 28th July 2020, 13:27

I've been feeling very anxious all morning due to expecting a delivery today. The courier was supposed to send an email or text early this morning to let me know what time the hour delivery slot is going to be, but I still haven't received one. I wasn't planning on going anywhere today and I'm generally dressed during the day even if I'm not going out so it shouldn't be a problem, but just something about knowing someone might be knocking on my door but not knowing roughly when means I can't relax at all, and I found it very hard to concentrate when trying to work earlier. Maybe being slightly hungover has made this worse, I don't know.

When I was gardening at the front of the house the other day I watched as a neighbour had an attempted delivery. The driver was stood there for ages ringing the bell and knocking, and then trying to call the guy on his phone. After a while the neighbour came out (I think he'd been in the back garden) and was so casual about causing the inconvenience. He didn't even say sorry. If I missed a delivery then I'd be anxious about making the driver annoyed or slowing them down, then I'd have to rearrange the delivery and be anxious about potentially facing them the next day believing they hate me, or the parcel would be taken to a neighbour's house and then I'd have to knock on their door and feel like they hate me for inconveniencing them or never taking the time to introduce myself to them over the years.

Imagine being like those who don't even give this stuff a second thought That would be nice.
Old 28th July 2020, 16:24

Tired and grumptious. The years of insomnia were p***ing me off already, but the last few months of this cycle of insomnia followed by passing out into a nightmare and waking up in a panic and teary is really getting exhausting, mentally as well as physically. Takes me hours to even get some sort of mental stability or calm going, and that's if nothing else happens in the day. And now I'm being whiny which pees me off even more, shut up me.

Ok, moan-mode disengaged for at least ooo half an hour or so, on with the day
Old 28th July 2020, 20:12

Mood
Pensive

Sorry to hear that Amatus, I'm struggling with BPD too and some other health worries, Lockdown has a lot to answer for.
Old 29th July 2020, 00:45

^ Are you waiting to get somewhere else to live?
Old 29th July 2020, 19:09

to anyone struggling.

I cannot get going today, finally fell asleep at some godforsaken stupid time then got woken up in a jump by a delivery driver nearly coming through the door with the knocker by the sounds of it, and have been three-quarters asleep since. I'm up, I'm dressed but I'm not sure my brain has realised. If only I was bendy enough to kick myself up the a**e but what can you do
Old 30th July 2020, 17:37

Feeling like I'm screaming into a void (nobody can relate to me and I have no meaningful connection with anyone).

Also like I'm a walking zombie, just feel so empty and dead inside.
Old 30th July 2020, 19:50

Feeling painfully alone right now, same as alpha I really need some meaningful social connection right now and there's no one I can speak to, I have no real friends just feel so alone.
Old 30th July 2020, 22:43

Mood
Cynical

For everyone who's struggling, it seems to be a particularly difficult time for a lot of people right now
Old 31st July 2020, 02:27

Warm and a bit anxious tonight.
Old 31st July 2020, 20:54

Mood
Alienated

^ Sorry you feel that way Amatus. You sound like a great person looking after your gran.
Old 31st July 2020, 20:55

Mood
Alienated

Feeling very ugly today, especially when walking around town.
It’s quite good to wear a mask as I can hide some of my face.
Old 31st July 2020, 20:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleks
Feeling very ugly today, especially when walking around town.
It’s quite good to wear a mask as I can hide some of my face.
I'm sure you're not though I bet it's all just in your head, don't be so hard on yourself
Old 1st August 2020, 16:21

@KookyMonster I hope you managed to get some sleep, you sound overwhelmed. Hopefully you have some support? Either way, lots and lots of TLC for yourself

@Raks1981 I love that, it's so easy to diminish whatever we're trying to do and even end up talking ourselves out of it entirely. Bit like the whole "don't let perfect be the enemy of good"

I'm so tired and hot and headachey, now with all this noise literally vibrating through me no way I'm going to sleep. It's making me all irritable and teary. Sodding selfish people
Old 4th August 2020, 04:44

@Amatus Ty! I got some eventually, hopefully you did too

@Raks1981 I did try ear plugs once many moons ago (not because of these pillocks, they're a new addition ) but I found them a bit uncomfortable and made me a bit tense, apparently I like to be able to hear any potential approaching threat?

Funnily enough I have given the latter idea some consideration, yes...

My face hurts from stupid TMJ so now I can't sleep because of that and the local news just told me how hot it will be again soon
Old 4th August 2020, 16:09

Mood
Pensive

I've never got on with earplugs, mainly because I always needed to hear the kids when they were younger but I have eczema in my ears too so they are too uncomfortable.

Finally after weeks of trying to get a referral to cardiology in my home town it's been done. We eventually managed to speak to the one receptionist who is actually useful and she told us to complete an e-consult from.
Had a text from my GP this morning saying he's done the referral so feeling pretty anxious about that but relieved something has finally been sorted.
Old 4th August 2020, 20:42

Mood
Pensive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raks1981
^ how comes you have to see Cardiology? (If you don't mind me asking). I remember you talking about your back issues in the chatroom. Hope everything is ok!
I also have heart disease which seems to be getting worse, blood pressure has been quite low too, 89/53 yesterday and drops when I stand up or go up the stairs. I had tests a while ago which showed narrowing but not enough to need a stent so was discharged and just took meds to control it.
It's been a nightmare trying to get a referral as they said at first I would have to go home first which I couldn't do as I was shielding. The GP here can't do anything as I'm only a temporary patient so he can prescribe but not refer me.
Old 5th August 2020, 13:33
Global Moderator

Mood
Scared

Really tired and topsy turvy.
Old 5th August 2020, 18:01
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

I'm somewhere between and tentatively elated.

I haven't been on here for a while, 1st I was ill, then I had a cracked laptop screen which I finally got sorted and picked up today. And. And....

My neighbour got raided

Last week, all hell broke loose and the cavalry arrived, raided his flat, lifted and seized his car (a car that he had just bought a few weeks prior, borrowed the money for but has no money in his account so conned his mum into making at least the 1st payment on). They took bags and bags of evidence out whilst we all stood around looking shell shocked . He was also arrested as well obvs.

Anyway we then found out that what had prompted the raid was that he and 2 other guys had beat the hell out of someone over a £300 drug deal, there's talk about a hammer being used but I don't know if that's true. Though he wasn't caught in the act someone must have seen something and reported his number plate to the police, hence the raid. We also found out that he has been growing cannabis in his flat. Which I was a bit sceptical about but sure enough, when he got released from custody him and his mum started dismantling his little cannabis farm - not so little for a 1 bed flat. 20 large pots plus metal poles/frames/electrical equipment a water butt, all sorts. I have to admit I was a bit goggle eyed by it all.

Anyway it's been VERY quiet since. I am hoping and praying that this surely has to lead to him being evicted and/or jailed . esp as he has previous.

Found out as well that last year? or the year before, when I thought his mum took his car off him because he couldn't afford it it was actually because he was arrested for drink driving and banned for 6 months.

Total little scumbag, but I'm hoping this might be the end of him living here. I'll be livid if it isn't.
His as yet to be paid for car has had the leather upholstery ripped open and apparently the wires to his lights and stuff have all been cut by the police. Couldn't happen to a nicer fella
Old 5th August 2020, 18:11
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

^ Thanks Kooky

Yes I hope so too. There's a part of me that worries that he might get yet another chance but fingers crossed peace and quiet is on the way!
Old 5th August 2020, 18:31

That's amazing news

From everything you've said about him before, surely his replacement can't be any worse!
Old 5th August 2020, 18:34

A compact cannabis farm, drug deals and a hammer. Jesus. What a Sweetheart. I also hope this will be the start of getting plenty of peace and quiet for you Mo. And it's nice to see you back posting.
Old 5th August 2020, 19:12
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raks1981
Good to see you back Mo34. I thought Barry had eatern your fingers, thus you not being able to type anymore...

That's great news about your neighbour. Hopefully the landlord will have given him a Section 21 eviction notice.

Thinking about it, now with him being banged up, there'll be a demand for marijuana that someone will have to fill... I imagine there may be some spare land on these donkey farms that could be used for...

haha not yet!

I hope so, though I'm not even sure if the landlord knows. I have no idea if the police inform landlords of criminal behaviour on their properties or not.

Oh don't! at the cat sanctuary we've had a cannabis plant grow in a spare bit of land from bird seed. It is frigging enormous!! I'll have to post a picture of it. The 'sanctuary spliff' could be a new brand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen.
That's amazing news

From everything you've said about him before, surely his replacement can't be any worse!
Thanks

Lets hope not!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chess&Junkfood
A compact cannabis farm, drug deals and a hammer. Jesus. What a Sweetheart. I also hope this will be the start of getting plenty of peace and quiet for you Mo. And it's nice to see you back posting.
Isn't he just? His mum must have known too that he was growing cannabis as she's in and out all the time.

I hope so too. Thanks
Old 5th August 2020, 19:26

Mood
Cynical

^ Mo34 great to see you back! I really hope your neighbour is gone for good, surely growing cannabis in the flat is grounds for eviction, it must be!
Old 5th August 2020, 19:32

Mood
Fine

Rather Deflated, somewhat pissed off and and a bit downbeat to be honest...

Id had quite high hopes of getting out and about again in August, and getting some more hiking done in the mountains in what remains of the Summer. Had hoped to maybe, get away for a few days somewhere this month too, before the weather goes to shit.

But thats all gone up in smoke because I live in BLOODY ABERDEEN!!!!

Old 5th August 2020, 20:58

Mood
Cynical

^ Oh no, you've been locked down again haven't you? I saw on the news that people are only allowed to go five miles from their home.
Old 5th August 2020, 21:42
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougella
^ Mo34 great to see you back! I really hope your neighbour is gone for good, surely growing cannabis in the flat is grounds for eviction, it must be!
Thanks Dougella

It should be....but these sorts that are constant trouble seem to get let off a lot with warnings and the like. Still fingers crossed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilm
Rather Deflated, somewhat pissed off and and a bit downbeat to be honest...

Id had quite high hopes of getting out and about again in August, and getting some more hiking done in the mountains in what remains of the Summer. Had hoped to maybe, get away for a few days somewhere this month too, before the weather goes to shit.

But thats all gone up in smoke because I live in BLOODY ABERDEEN!!!!

Yeah I saw about Aberdeen on the news. Hopefully the lock down won't go on for too long.
Old 5th August 2020, 22:16

Mood
Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougella
^ Oh no, you've been locked down again haven't you? I saw on the news that people are only allowed to go five miles from their home.
Yep And we'd only really been out of Lockdown for 2/3 weeks too!!

The wording of the 5 mile thingy is confusing too. Some reports say that it is 'Advice' and other reports say that it is an 'Order'. Big difference legally Id imagine, and needs to be cleared up.

This City will just be the first to suffer a second lock-down though, others will surely follow in the near future

Fun days