SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 29th February 2012, 23:02

Default Isolation

Before I started using this forum a while back I never really spoke to people. I was lonely sure but I was ok with that.

Skip to the present -
Now I've been on and off with 'speaking' with people. The past month and a bit I've slowly slipped away to the point where I never visit any site, speak to anyone, etc.
I had made the odd aquantance before that, of which was rocky to say the least which is usually the case with me. But after coming out of my isolation today for a little while, I feel the worst I've felt in years. Like I've finally snapped and felt terrible in ways that I haven't in quite a while, Just being a nobody, being ignored, a doormat.

Being on my own was being happy compared to how I am feeling now.
I've recently deleted all of my 'social' pages like Facebook and Twitter, etc. Which I haven't been using and only looked at today anyway.

I'm seriously thinking of stopping using the internet which is my only way of getting any social connection with people. Whats the point of trying to get to know anyone at all, if all you're ever going to be is a nobody, be used, be let down... blagh I'm rambling.

Don't know why I even made a thread about this in all honesty.
Old 1st March 2012, 02:30

Mood
Alienated

Default Re: Isolation

dont you get bored?

serious interest!

i mean...i tend to get up at 2 ..i have a couple of mates i speak to on msn..who work so i cant speak to them till 6ish ..and another guy unemployed whos usually online as often as me! ..but he goes to bed earlier , if i didnt have him around during the afternoons i dont know who id bug

is odd though, as im quite an anti social creature..and im fine with it tbh..socializing is far too much effort for such little/useless reward (imo) and although ive only got a couple of mates..i dont know what id do with myself if they werent around..even though i only actually meet up with them every few months individually at most..

what the hell do you do during your isolation periods i need tips!

dont really know what else to say, except im glad i dont appear to be the only one round here sulking i cant go out socializing and more so that i cant be arsed and it seems pointless 99% of the time
Old 1st March 2012, 03:29

Mood
Alienated

^ i used to do 2-3 day gaming sessions back when i was a teenager, no sleep..barely any food just game game game!

i went to a couple of lan parties at uni and dropped out of my first uni from playing WoW too much, again game game game!

every since my job last year i really dont game half as much as i used to...i mean i keep buying the bloody things..my steam list is huge..but i always end up sitting here doing "nothing" or something pointless instead like scanning ebay for stuff i dont want

dunno if its an age thing..or general lack of interest/motivation

i dont really know anything different though so im not sure if im personally "losing my zest for life" as you put it..i think im more "jesus christ, is this it...is this really it? this is all i do..i was doing the same shit at 12! )..i dont know if im missing out..or not tbh!
Old 1st March 2012, 04:18

Mood
Mellow

well, it might be good to take a break from this site occasionally.
i hadn't thought about it,
but this is the second time this week that i've seen posts that
indicated people were getting more depressed from visiting here.

it might not be true for everyone,
but some folks are overwhelmed by other peoples'
suffering/predicaments, & it 'get's into their heads'.

folks with SA can be oversensitive, or over-empathizers.
maybe that leads to bad side effects
(like increased depression) from using sites like these.

i suppose it's individual.
Old 1st March 2012, 21:15

Half forgot I posted this. >.<
Thanks for the responses! Interesting to read everyones view and experiences.

And for Toxic I do what I normally do, just no contact with people. Which I am pretty good at! I was mainly playing a game this month, in two weeks I had around 120 hours of it being played on Steam, (Jagged Alliance BIA = WIN).
But I do love me some Mercenaries and tactical clothing and guns, that game was made for me!
Old 1st March 2012, 21:28

Mood
Sleepy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhealer3
well, it might be good to take a break from this folks with SA can be oversensitive, or over-empathizers.
maybe that leads to bad side effects
(like increased depression) from using sites like these.

i suppose it's individual.
I totally agree with you there, that's why I sometimes tend to stick to the light fluffy stuff because I tend to take on other peoples' problems and then beat myself up if I can't help them.

Back to topic I have days when I just want to be on my own and I do absolutely nothing but read. It can go on for a couple of days or weeks and then I'm ready for the rest of humanity and God help anyone who disturbs me during my "hibernation" period lol