SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 15th July 2011, 22:07

Default What to do? Big party at my house

My Mum is having a very large party with around 40 people coming to the house tomorrow including my two aunts. I will probably stay in my room and not go downstairs because there is just too much people and I haven't seen a lot of the people for years, so it will be awkward.
Old 15th July 2011, 22:28

Mood
Lurking

Default Re: What to do? Big party at my house

If you hide away it will become worse as it will draw attention to you as everyone will be asking where you are then when they find you they will want to know why you've been hiding away.
Old 15th July 2011, 22:33

I was going to say I was sleeping.
Old 16th July 2011, 00:20

Mood
Breezy

hmm
Old 16th July 2011, 00:54

I've been in the same situation (dad's 50th). I knew and anticipated what would occur and waited until the first few people/couples arrived before i made a hasty exit (by car). I stayed out for 4-5 hours. I didn't really have to explain myself the following day because my parents know and kinda expect odd behavior. The guests can kiss my arse.... no, i did feel cowardly but feeling awkward is bloody awful and the relieve i felt after i left the house was worthwhile.

It's upto you.. if you feel you can do it... then do it and stay OR say hello and retreat. Otherwise get out. It's not your fault and your parents aren't to blame.
Closed Thread