SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 16th July 2011, 07:22

Mood
Happy

Default Human Writes

I'd like to know if anyone has heard of this humanitarian charity who befriend prisoners on death row.
Via Human Writes I have been writing to a prisoner on death row who has become a dear and close friend.
Human Writes have a web-site if anyone wanted further information.
Peter
Old 17th July 2011, 07:24

Mood
Tired

Default Re: Human Writes

I vaguely recall hearing about the organisation. I seems like a good idea to help people in this way.

I think people who may be vulnerable or have issues themselves should think long and hard before getting involved with some on death row because of the emotional effect it may have on them.
Old 17th July 2011, 13:22

Mood
Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by moike
I vaguely recall hearing about the organisation. I seems like a good idea to help people in this way.

I think people who may be vulnerable or have issues themselves should think long and hard before getting involved with some on death row because of the emotional effect it may have on them.
I very much agree with your comments. It isn't something to be taken on lightly.
Although I have just emerged from 15 months isolation I have without fail written to my pen friend every two weeks. I have a sense of the isolation my dear friend must feel. In no way do I condone his crime but he still remains a fellow human being. I couldn't and wouldn't let him down.

Thank you so much for responding.

Peter
Old 17th July 2011, 14:24

I haven't heard of that organisation before, thanks for posting. Occasionally on one of the discovery channes there are programmes which follow women who have met men in jail in ways like this, sometimes ends up with marriage between the two!
Closed Thread