SAUK Discussion Board

SAUK Discussion Board (http://www.social-anxiety-community.org/db/index.php)
-   Room with a View (http://www.social-anxiety-community.org/db/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Gym before breakfast (http://www.social-anxiety-community.org/db/showthread.php?t=86242)

Sunset 22nd January 2017 19:01

Gym before breakfast

Hi guys

Im considering whether or not to join a gym. The problem is I never get to the gym after work because Im always keen to get home.

Does anyone go before work? Im not good in the morning but wander if going to the gym at this time would be easier for me.....:wave:

Jam 22nd January 2017 19:32

Re: Gym before breakfast

I workout in the mornings on weekdays. I find it suits me better. I can't workout after work, I'm tired and hungry. I'm not good in the mornings either, but once you get started it makes no difference at all. What I do is wake up at 5am, eat a banana and a protein shake, and 30-45mins after I start my workout, and Im usually finished by 6:30am or sooner, depending on what routine I'm doing. I just get on with it and don't waste time. There are times I workout on an empty stomach. Then I have a shower and have a proper breakfast.
Trust me, there's no better way to start the day, I feel great after and ready and full of energy for the rest of the day. I feel better equipped to face what ever the day throws at me. Serotonin and all that sh*t.

Rummy 23rd January 2017 22:28

Gym before breakfast could kill you.
Strong exercise brings down blood sugar levels.
Eating puts up blood sugar levels.
Blood sugar levels are naturally at their lowest after a long space of time without eating (after sleep).
Therefore, exercise before breakfast is dangerous for anyone with a naturally low blood sugar level or any diabetic on medication.

Please ask your doctor and get blood sugar levels checked before doing this.

Indigo_ 24th January 2017 06:51

Thank heavens jam is still alive!

Blandy- 27th January 2017 17:24

Gym before work would be great for you, its just whether you have the discipline to wake up that extra bit earlier each day. I tried it and i didn't lol Discipline is what it comes down to, you can feel motivated sure - but that fades away after a while.

Rummy 28th January 2017 13:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiger_Lily (Post 2279595)
Thank heavens jam is still alive!

Gym before work is good TL.
Gym before breakfast - as the thread title - can be fatal for anyone with low blood sugar levels.

BritishPeace 28th January 2017 20:25

I usually exercise before work (and before breakfast). It suits me better sometimes I will exercise at night around 9pm when gyms are quieter. I am not usually hungry in a morning so have a coffee then get to it, this might be dangerous for some but for me it is a good way to exercise and I get good results.

Jam 26th March 2017 21:48

I've actually started excercising on an empty stomach before eating breakfast. Been doing it for a month as an experiment, and I prefer it. I'm lifting heavier. And I actually feel more energetic during it.
Try it.

Gomen 26th March 2017 23:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by jam (Post 2296004)
I've actually started excercising on an empty stomach before eating breakfast. Been doing it for a month as an experiment, and I prefer it. I'm lifting heavier. And I actually feel more energetic during it.
Try it.

Dang couldn't do it.

anxiouslondoner 28th March 2017 00:05

Sounds like a good idea, I know it would make my day go a lot smoother.
Edit: Wait, sorry, thought you said gin. Don't mind me.

Rick Sanchez 28th March 2017 09:54

I do some bjj before work once a week (well technically it's at work but before I've actually started any work). I wouldn't say I feel any different for it over a session at any other time. It's just a good feeling to get a session 'out the way' as it were and not bother doing anything physical for the rest of the day.

CurbYourAnxiety 28th March 2017 21:07

If you're gonna start going to the gym in the morning, force yourself to eat breakfast first!

Sunset 2nd April 2017 16:35

I find in the morning I have more energy however, feel Im always rushing.

At night Im completely chilled so in a way I much prefer it.

Fluorescent Grey 29th April 2017 21:16

If you can do that then go for it. Couldn't do it myself as I'm not much of a morning person. Wake up, "Oh not this shit again. Can't I go back to being unconscious?" I need a few hours to have a cup of coffee and a shit and get used to existing before I'm capable of anything.