SAUK Discussion Board

SAUK Discussion Board (http://www.social-anxiety-community.org/db/index.php)
-   Room with a View (http://www.social-anxiety-community.org/db/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   "Excuse me do you know what time it is?" (http://www.social-anxiety-community.org/db/showthread.php?t=465)

Inhibited 22nd April 2005 22:35

"Excuse me do you know what time it is?"

Just that.

I felt nervous about doing it.

It was at a bus stop.

I almost couldn't be bothered.

But I thought it would be good for me if I made the effort.

(Emote: smileyellow) [1 edits; Last edit by Inhibited at 21:36:29 Fri Apr 22 2005]

AnxArb 22nd April 2005 23:06

Re: "Excuse me do you know what time it is?"

Well done. (Emote: smileyellow)

I've recently been thinking of asking a stranger what the time is just for the hell of it - hiding my watch in my pocket and then asking just to try and increase my confidence in speaking to a stranger.

(Emote: wave)
Anx

Shaz82 23rd April 2005 11:40

Well done Inhibited (Emote: smile)

magika 23rd April 2005 15:52

well done (Emote: roundnround)

cavycrazy 23rd April 2005 18:11

Well done!!! (Emote: smile)

nemesis20 29th April 2005 01:03

I can't remember the last time i did that! Well done (Emote: smileyellow)

BaZzA 29th April 2005 16:49

Right now its nearly 4.50pm

WD Inhibited! (Emote: pirate) That can be useful skill.

In past iv had 2 spend half an hour looking for a clock if i forget my watch. (Emote: smash3) If say im in town i would have to keep walking into library, check clock turn 180 degrees and walk straight back out.. with people watching and wondering what i am doing.. (Emote: rolleyes) hehe

anitajune 10th May 2005 03:15

well done (Emote: pirate) by the way its 3.15 am (Emote: roundnround)

distant_star 16th May 2005 10:43

Well done! This is so very significant for me as it's the first thing I ever did to start the whole process of doing scary stuff just to challenge the fear. My heart rate shot up, and I was so ill & distressed & ashamed that I swore I'd never do it again but years later I know it was worth it-; A few more practises and I was fine with it! It's a founding first step I can look back & be proud of... I certainly recommend this scenario to anyone as a not-too-overwhelming challenge that once mastered is a useful touchstone when we're feeling hopeless to remind ourselves how we overcame what seemed an impossible task.(Emote: smile)(Emote: smile)(Emote: smile)(Emote: smile)

FragOnly 5th June 2005 08:12

Well done! (Emote: roundnround)

I'm lucky that way, strangers that mean nothing to me in 20 seconds... dont bother me or my SA (Emote: eekyellow)

Just someone that I may have to talk to more then... you know 2 seconds. (Emote: smileyellow)

Anyway, congrats!

T2003 6th June 2005 01:30

Dont think about it AnxArb, do it!
I want to hear back from you in a few days to tell us how you got on!

Quote:

Quote: AnxArb
Well done.

I've recently been thinking of asking a stranger what the time is just for the hell of it - hiding my watch in my pocket and then asking just to try and increase my confidence in speaking to a stranger.

Anx