SAUK Discussion Board

SAUK Discussion Board (http://www.social-anxiety-community.org/db/index.php)
-   Room with a View (http://www.social-anxiety-community.org/db/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   MRi scan (http://www.social-anxiety-community.org/db/showthread.php?t=96081)

Shy_pretty_Angela 16th February 2024 09:07

MRi scan

Im having a scan today. Had lots of them but the claustrophobia doesnt get any easier! Wish me luck in keeping still guys. Hope you all have a good day. Looks nice put there .

Azi 16th February 2024 09:58

Re: MRi scan

Good luck Angela! Hope you've got something nice planned for afterwards.

gregarious_introvert 16th February 2024 10:07

Good luck keeping still, hope the results are favourable.

biscuits 16th February 2024 18:00

All the best for your scan, Ange :hug2:

Chess&Junkfood 16th February 2024 18:34

I hope it went well for you, Angela. :hug2:

Shy_pretty_Angela 16th February 2024 19:31

Thanks guys it did go OK. They play this relaxing music in the headphones but it does not work!!
The main thing is keeping still.

Chess I have to let you know that Im loving those fruit jellies so much! Just ordered a massive pack from Amazon!! We must start a fan club :hug2:

Chess&Junkfood 16th February 2024 21:02

I'm glad it went well, Angela. I'm also glad to hear that you are still a fan of the fruit jelly. As for starting a fan club, that sounds like a great idea! Although truth be told, I've recently gone back to an old flame. Or to be more precise, several old flames. I'm still not sure how it all happened. One minute I had a fruit jelly in one hand, and the next minute, I had a Galaxy Ripple, Crunchie and a Mars in the other hand. It's still a mystery! Although once that hand is free again, then I'll get to work on that fan club! :thumb4:

Hopeforme 17th February 2024 09:35

the MRI scan noise is horrible, but they let me choose the music i wanted and they streamed it from youtube! great success!

Shy_pretty_Angela 17th February 2024 17:43

Glad to hear! What did you have scanned?

Lee S 17th February 2024 19:27

Glad your scan went well :)

I've had three MRIs. One without contrast dye and two with contrast dye in my blood. I have two cysts in my head (arachnoid and pineal gland). They were found by chance after I was having the first MRI to try and find out why I have lost the hearing in my left ear. Thankfully, I've been told the cysts shouldn't cause any problems and they have nothing to do with the hearing loss. They have no idea what's caused that, so I just have to live with it.

They also found that I was born with a chunk of frontal lobe missing, but, again, it shouldn't affect me as the brain adapts during childhood. Just shows that some of us don't know what we're walking around with until we get scanned for something unrelated. It was scary to get all this news.

I have never been offered music during the scans, only ear-plugs. The noise is pretty loud but bearable. It's hard to keep still when you have anxiety. It's like being inside a big Polo mint :d