SAUK Discussion Board

SAUK Discussion Board (http://www.social-anxiety-community.org/db/index.php)
-   Room with a View (http://www.social-anxiety-community.org/db/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Small things that make you smile (http://www.social-anxiety-community.org/db/showthread.php?t=62882)

Pablo Huntsbach 28th May 2012 12:52

Small things that make you smile

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emma792 (Post 1502833)
- Being complimented on my socks. Everyone loves my socks today

There's a large contingent of people here who would just appreciate the fact that you were wearing socks!

- Facebook likes. I know it's meaningless bullshit but if I think I came up with something funny I like having that validated by others.

Toxic 28th May 2012 18:57

Re: Small things that make you smile

Quote:

Originally Posted by PRH1987 (Post 1502953)
There's a large contingent of people here who would just appreciate the fact that you were wearing socks!

true, im already considering proposing..any girl who hides their damn feet away the rest of us (i dont care how "cute" they are) is certainly scoring high on my "ideal woman list" :laughing:

xTKsaucex 29th May 2012 09:55

My penis :d

Toxic 29th May 2012 13:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark101 (Post 1503487)
This is where we differ on the feet thing,my problem lies mainly with mens big hairy feet with their light bulb toes and yellow nails.
There are exceptions of course but i've always found that women seem to take very good care of their feet,they are generally smaller,way nicer and even sexy dare i say with their painted toe nails.
I'm not a foot fetish person,tho i fear i've just done a good impersonation of one:embarrass:

your a sick sick man :tongue1: go suck on some toes! :laughing: No im sure from a distance some girls feet can look "cute and sexy" but its a risk im not willing to take..get in close and noooo :circles: its just the whole..shape......toes are just weird *shudder* i want wheels!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emma792 (Post 1503497)
If this means you also aren't going to put your feet anywhere near me then..... I would happily accept.

*Plans which socks I am going to wear for the wedding*

I'm game for that! :laughing:..I dislike my own feet too even though i wouldnt call them "manky" in the slightest ..im quite happy to keep them out of the equation..perhaps we could colour coordinate our socks or something? i Do have smiley face socks somewhere! :hmm:

Progress 30th May 2012 18:19

All the dogs in the dogs thread. :)

Years ago when I used to look after my parents' border collie, if I was feeling bad sometimes I would cry and lay on the ground. She would sense my feelings and lay down next to me and cuddle up to comfort me. :)

My Mum's current collie just gets a bit scared if I lay on the ground.

hellotiger 30th May 2012 18:24

When the rain finally comes and breaks the heat.

Named User 30th May 2012 20:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by hellotiger (Post 1504242)
When the rain finally comes and breaks the heat.

It's alright for some...:( :d

Named User 3rd June 2012 16:57

When my Microsoft Word spell checker offers to add the little accent thing over the "e" in Pokemon.

i_like_mittens 3rd June 2012 18:03

My puppy being scared of a toilet roll.

Moksha 3rd June 2012 21:04

Seeing a fat person slip over

Progress 4th June 2012 19:02

1. The fact that I was just about to post in this thread and was wondering how to find it, and there it was at the top of the new posts list! Thanks Emma!

2. I've lived in my new place for nearly 2 years now and hardly talked to a couple of neighbours on one side as I don't think we'd have much in common. The other day I made an effort with one of them as I saw she did a lot of gardening so I talked to her about that. Today they're having a Jubilee party and she knocked on my door to invite me. I made an excuse of course, all families with children, no way I could handle that (or want to go either really). Anyway it made me smile. Confirms my thinking that you get what you give in life. Reckon I ought to give more I guess.

iTz0kt0Bu 5th June 2012 00:32

Compliments
Friendly body language

Gary1972 5th June 2012 00:52

A simple smile aimed at me makes my heart sing!

Pink*Lady 5th June 2012 13:34

Rare acts of kindness.

hellotiger 5th June 2012 15:48

^Ha my mum's a bit like that too. When she uses the laptop she uses her finger on the touchpad to position the cursor where she wants it, then she pulls her hand away and presses the button underneath really hard. I tried to tell her she could use the touchpad to click but she didn't like that because it kept moving.

hellotiger 5th June 2012 15:52

I like it when I walk into a room and say hello at the cat and she chatters back. Riow rup urp ow. I dunno what that means little one.

Gary1972 6th June 2012 13:40

My raspberry pi! Techie heaven

Unbridled 7th June 2012 14:18

Johni's ever changing nerdy avatars

Johnni 7th June 2012 15:38

^ 'nerdy' wtf?

Unbridled 7th June 2012 15:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnni (Post 1508959)
^ 'nerdy' wtf?

http://dwightschultzfansite.nl/Colle...radingcard.jpg

Okay Scifi/fantasy might be better.

Johnni 7th June 2012 15:56

^ You missed the thread about that character obviously earlier cos im not a Star Trek fan.

Johnni 7th June 2012 16:04

I put them up sometimes cos the character in that certain image reflects my current mood rather than just cos i like the show/character.

Unbridled 7th June 2012 17:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnni (Post 1508978)
I put them up sometimes cos the character in that certain image reflects my current mood rather than just cos i like the show/character.

Ah :)
Yeah dont read all the threads on here was away for a week also :)

Azi 8th June 2012 19:27

^ :laughing:

My darling daughter has 'decorated' our cactus with grapes; they look like strange, polypy growths. Bless her. :laughing:

Only_human 10th June 2012 00:29

This picture of Jessie J

http://db3.stb.s-msn.com/i/8A/10FDE1...7E3DF3963A.jpg

Reminds me of those troll toys I had as a kid:d

Unbridled 10th June 2012 11:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark101 (Post 1510331)
People that dress up and pretend to be animals(furries) WTF! lol

My new landlord had furry tail yesterday for no reason at all lol
Looked really out of place at the punk show :P

Only_human 11th June 2012 01:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zaina (Post 1510966)
Old couples holding hands.

Yes this is really sweet especially when they are still really affectionate and dote on each other still.

I saw this really cute teenage couple who were deaf and signing to each other in the hairdressers the other day. It was lovely to see how patient he was with her while waiting for her to get her hair done, and to see them signing to one another and playing Nintendo ds together. It warmed my heart.

number9 11th June 2012 23:35

Watering my neglected herbs that were all dead and droopy, then noticing a few hours later how perky they looked now. If only a little liquid could revive people so easily.

Johnni 11th June 2012 23:37

When you discover a new area in Skyrim that just looks amazing. Was walking through the mountains nr Solitude and then saw the coast and was like wtf!

Aᴄᴇ 11th June 2012 23:38

umpalumpas