SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > Room with a View
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 7th April 2014, 14:07

Default Re: What I did today - for small achievements and cheers

Went go carting for the first time ever and more importantly got through nearly the whole night without caring about anyone else, then I crashed into someone.
Old 9th April 2014, 19:25

^ That's great. Did it go well?
Old 9th April 2014, 19:47

Cool. You'll definitely get used to it.
Old 9th April 2014, 20:58

Mood
Daring

Well done mark
Old 9th April 2014, 21:13

Went for another swim with my crush today, she must enjoy my company enough to keep going with me. Got a long bike ride with my best mate tomorrow too. Quietly happy at the moment.
Old 9th April 2014, 21:35

Sounds exciting, what happened then?
Old 10th April 2014, 15:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbie2013
Sounds exciting, what happened then?
Well we went for a swim and that's it really. She had a lovely new swimsuit on though. Just got back from a 45 mile bike ride from Horsham to Shoreham and back, oh my God I feel knackered but proud at the same time.
Old 10th April 2014, 22:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by db838
Well we went for a swim and that's it really. She had a lovely new swimsuit on though. Just got back from a 45 mile bike ride from Horsham to Shoreham and back, oh my God I feel knackered but proud at the same time.
Have you got any pics of this swimsuit, just so we can see how lovely it was for ourselves?
Old 11th April 2014, 06:27

Mood
Bitching

just generally been less worried about the people around me when acting a fool for my own amusement/others amusement.

I often sing (really badly lol) at work and jig about and I don't care if anyone is watching.

I feel more confident in myself recently.
its very pleasing to act more like myself (a bit ****ed up hahahaha) and not caring what people think but still getting on with most of them.
Old 11th April 2014, 09:30

Mood
Daring

Well done SickofSA, I find the best way to enjoy yourself is to truly not give a hoot what people think about ya.
Old 11th April 2014, 09:39

Mood
Bitching

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaigreen
Well done SickofSA, I find the best way to enjoy yourself is to truly not give a hoot what people think about ya.

pretty much yeah lol
Old 11th April 2014, 10:45

Mood
Bitching

always try to find a seat on a train rather than standing so I didn't have to speak to someone.
also always leave the other seat free instead of leaving my bag there.

basic simple shit that 99% of people do anyway
Old 11th April 2014, 20:50

Went out for tea with some people from support group. Wasnt easy but gonna try n keep at it.
Old 12th April 2014, 16:04

^ well done .

Forgot to buy primer when i went to Halfords last time with my dad so figured id walk the 3.2m there and grab some. I felt really anxious walking there and actually wanted to turn around and walk home as i know how busy it can get but i know from my cbt anxiety can only go so high and make you feel like crap but once its peaked it can only drop, of course that doesnt help when your all sweaty and self conscious but as long as you keep it in mind you can push through it. Anyway got my primer and walked to Sainsbury's after to get some bread then walked the 3 and a bit miles home, mission accomplished.
Old 12th April 2014, 16:10

Mood
Daring

^ well done mate, that's your exercise for the day!

I went to therapy again after 4 weeks off.. It was good, she said she was proud at how far I came and how happy I seem now. It's good to have some reassurance constantly, she confirmed my long term plans are a good idea and that I am very strong. Basically everything I've needed to hear.
Old 14th April 2014, 23:57

Mood
Tired

Finished my first driving lesson, and came back alive.
Old 20th April 2014, 07:54

My achievements seem so small; to be honest I struggle to categorise them as achievements at all.

Went for a long walk, though had chosen a time and route that would be mostly people-free, does that count??

Yesterday chose a staffed checkout at Tesco, an assistant who is gentle natured and chatty and had a little chat with her, she was wearing a bright blouse for Easter and I complimented her.

Wow, this thread is bringing up some strong emotion, l cant even begin to think about things like joining social clubs and going on interviews or even public transport, that's pretty hard to digest, but good to get in touch with those feelings I s'pose.

You guys are doing great
Old 20th April 2014, 08:31

Mood
Lonely

@Star Rainbow
Those are not small achievements. The two things you mentioned would be almost impossible for me and I really wish I could do them (especially going out for a walk, I miss that so much).
Old 20th April 2014, 08:55

Thanks Downbutnotout for responding, that is helpful, I wish for you to go out for a walk too.
Old 20th April 2014, 09:26

Hi Smudge; is your avatar the dog you mention? Such soulful eyes. I can understand about not going out on your own, I know days like that.

The part about getting into the front garden sounds good, and having your sons to visit. Hope you are doing OK today - and you have helped me feel more accepting of myself.
Old 25th April 2014, 18:21

Mood
Tired

I went into a bank branch and opened a current account. I was a little anxious about the credit check, but everything was fine.
Old 25th April 2014, 18:22

Mood
Daring

^ well done buddy
Old 26th April 2014, 14:29

Mood
Spaced

Lost just over 1/2 stone in 3 weeks, gymming and dieting, as of today!! Happy
Old 27th April 2014, 00:45

^ Nice one, Mr RobNorth! From what I've read in some of your posts, sounds as if you've really put the effort in, so it's very much deserved.

Just found out I got 100% for an online assessment thing I had to do for uni. Admittedly, it was multiple choice, I had a week to do it, could use my text book, and one of the possible answers to a question about what constitutes an experiment was 'wearing a white coat' (which gives a sense of the level we're talking here), but in spite of all that, I'm quite pleased.
Old 27th April 2014, 01:07

Mood
Spaced

Thx, Appear! It will be good to see the floor and not my belly...
Old 27th April 2014, 16:56

Firstly big congrats to everyone pushing themselves and achieving what they want to,keep at it everyone

Not sure this should even count as an achievement,although I guess the fact that it is to me says a lot about how ill I have been and how far I have to go

Anyhoo. Went out for a walk with my mum into the centre of the village where I live (which I have been trying to do every day the weather is fit,going a bit further each time) and being a warm,sunny Sunday afternoon there were quite a few people about. Managed to do the whole "fake it til you make it" thing and stand chatting to some old family friends whilst trying not to look like I was NOT aware of every insect/bird/dog/blade of grass etc etc that I came into contact with or was even within my peripheral vision (OCD is a bitch,`nuff said). Also saw a guy I went to school with many moons ago,and on getting home and asking for a post mortem on the whole thing according to mother I managed to appear calm/normal/fine/friendly/chatty throughout the outing and interactions,even though in my head I was scanning constantly for possible contamination and wanted to jump and shriek everytime anything came near me. Not a total success as the thoughts were still all there,but success for me in that (a) I managed to be in that situation regardless and (b) apparently managed to hide my nuttiness. All in all a bit of a result I feel,so apologies for boasting about something so small but when you`ve had no success for years,it makes you determined to savour even the smallest victory.

I think I might feel a bit happy and proud of myself,not too sure as it`s been a long time. Sod it I`m just going to go with it for however long it lasts
Old 28th April 2014, 13:40

^^ that doesn't sound small to me and definitely is an achievement so well done on succeeding even if things weren't perfect its all progress and you should be proud of yourself .

Been eating awfully lately and been slacking on walking the dog to make up for it, i needed bread so decided to go the long route to Sainsbury's get my bread and a few other bits and then waddle back with 2 heavy bags. It was the 2nd time ive asked to have my bread sliced by them and both times ive managed not to do any of my safety behaviors e.g playing with my hair or touching my face like rubbing my forehead because my brain thinks if i cant see them they cant see me, except i realise it doesn't really quite work like that and some guy touching his forehead every 2 seconds is more likely to make me stick out.
Old 29th April 2014, 12:57

^ nice one on your Sainsburys mission
Old 29th April 2014, 14:12

^thanks.

I had my appointment today to discuss about my group cbt i've been waiting for, its ridiculous but when my dad dropped me off i panicked about the door bell buzzer thingy i thought knowing my luck im gonna make an idiot of myself here but to my surprise i didn't do anything stupid. Just like when i did my counseling and the guy helping me went and got some young pretty blonde woman for me to practice talking to which made me even more anxious, this time i had to see some young pretty blonde woman on my own but she was smiley and friendly and i actually felt quite at ease which is such a contrast to how i used to be. I actually knew a lot of the stuff she was talking to me about and i think she definitely realised that but agreed with me it would still be helpful and i think i gave a good impression which was nice, on the way out the woman at the reception also gave me some lovely big genuine looking at least i think smile so i was grinning like an idiot walking around town. I start next Tuesday and as it goes my group only has 7 people confirmed so that should help me a bit.

Next i went to asda to get some stuff, one of my tasks my sister set me was to ask for cash back and ask specifically for 2 x £5 notes which i did and i even had a bit of a chat with the woman on the check out which is a first like ever. Im gonna go walk the dog now then come back and try to get as many parts off my bits car that i can sell and get them on ebay later so hopefully i can get a bit of cash.
Old 29th April 2014, 16:30

Thank you Kafkafan and Jason90,that`s really sweet of both of you
48 hours on and I`m still having to ignore the thoughts of `contamination` from that outing,but am managing to do so (just! ) so I shall try and see it as a success rather than concentrating on how far I am from being as I used to be and not noticing anything in the ruddy first place . Your kind words of support do help,so thank you again

^Sounds like you`re really making some progress Jason,pushing yourself and that it`s paying off. Nice one! I think you`re right in that even if we know most of the basics of what we need to do or change etc,it can still help to have that reinforced or maybe even relearned in a slightly different way,to give us another perspective or shore up where we`ve got to already. Good luck with it!