Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > Room with a View
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 2nd December 2010, 21:02

Mood
Melancholy

Default been to hairdressers

It's not that much but I managed to go to the hairdressers the other day, I thought I was late so didn't have so much chance to get nervous. Though I was abit flustered when I went it, and talked abit to fast and nervous! I had a different hairdresser to the one I normally have and not had her before, but she was really nice and I managed to explain more or less how I wanted my hair cutting, and she didn't talk to me to much and when she did I spoke loud enough etc to her. I didn't feel quite so uncomfortable with her either. It wasn't perfect but it was better
Old 4th December 2010, 17:40

Default Re: been to hairdressers

Well done! I haven't been to the hairdressers for 6 or 7 years now.
Old 4th December 2010, 17:45

Well done :D hairdressers are very anxiety-inducing
Old 4th December 2010, 17:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by anna123
It's not that much but I managed to go to the hairdressers the other day, I thought I was late so didn't have so much chance to get nervous. Though I was abit flustered when I went it, and talked abit to fast and nervous! I had a different hairdresser to the one I normally have and not had her before, but she was really nice and I managed to explain more or less how I wanted my hair cutting, and she didn't talk to me to much and when she did I spoke loud enough etc to her. I didn't feel quite so uncomfortable with her either. It wasn't perfect but it was better
Well done for going to the hairdressers Anna , i went to the hairdressers just over a month ago now, i hadnt been for well over a year and my hair was getting really quite long so i had to go but found it nerve-wrecking and really didnt want to go. luckily i had a hairdresser that sounds like she was similar to the one you had in that she didnt talk much to me which i was relieved about (i did what you did and spoke loud when it did come to having to speak so that i wouldnt have to repeat myself) because hairdressers are notorious for asking questions and talking alot. it wasnt too bad though and im glad i went.
Old 11th December 2010, 20:50

Well done! You should be proud I hope you like your new haircut :D
Old 11th December 2010, 21:50

Yeah congrats I got my hair cut last week which I had been putting off for months. Was even thinking of cutting it myself! apart from a few awkward moments it wasn't that bad though, I felt so much better afterwards
Old 12th December 2010, 02:56

Thumbs up Re: been to hairdressers

That's awesome well done!

Going to the hairdressers is a big fear of mine ahhhh the chair of death just like the dentist lol.

Sparks.
Old 13th December 2010, 17:07

Well done it can take a lot of nerve to go to the hairdressers, I absolutely hate it too
Old 13th December 2010, 18:20

Mood
Tired

Well done. I can't stand going to the hairdressers. I felt so awkward during my last time there that they thought I didn't like the cut they gave me. Awkward!
Old 13th December 2010, 22:43

Well done I hate going to the hairdressers. I have an appointment on Friday, I can't wait to have it done but it will be a new hairdressers that I haven't been to before so I know I'm gonna have to speak to them. It will be an achievement if I managed to go and let them know exactly what I want done. I usually just let them do what they want to avoid having to speak with them. I hope it goes well.
Old 16th January 2011, 11:09

Mood
Balanced

well done , the hairdressers has always been my nemesis , close one on one contact and no means of escape just made me blush and start sweating ( not a good look ) ,so I've been cutting my own hair for around 2 years and to be honest I'm just as good if not better than the hairdressers now , practise makes perfect plus i save £10 a month
Old 16th January 2011, 13:26

Mood
Tired

Well done, I need to go there soon and it is scary when the hairdresser asks questions like "Are you going out tonight". Hmm. So yes, well done.
Closed Thread