SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > Room with a View
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 27th February 2011, 22:39

Default apeared on radio

I was reluctant to post this as often when people do something that defies SA they are ostracised as some sort of charlatan. but have been appearing on a radio show with a 30000 listeners a month as a film critic for four shows now. Today I reviewed Animal Kingdom which is fantastic .
I don't want to post the link but if anyone is interested Pm me and i'll send you a link to the podcast
Old 27th February 2011, 23:52

Default Re: apeared on radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynic
Not that I'm aware. What gave you that idea?
perhaps its a parinoid perseption but i do get the impresion that when somone does something positive people cite the tired old "my SA is worse then yours" bullcrap"
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Love My Cats
Im so so SOOO proud of you, poppet And mightily impressed at your very intellectual, endearing and animated voice You're not even the bees knees - you're its whole legs including its feet and probably most of its wings and antennae things too!

I want to come all the way down there, ruffle your hair and give you a massive pat on the back because this is a huge deal and very good progress for you and I'm thrilled that you've had this opportunity to show what you can achieve.

I've been keeping up with the podcasts, but sadly not my PMs as you will have noticed I'll rectify this at the earliest opportunity.

But you've given me the perfect opportunity to use my new favourite smiley

thankyou so much theres no hint of hyperbole when i say your surport and friendship has been masive and invaluble over the last year.
Old 28th February 2011, 00:54

Awwww, I'm so proud of you, my wee Bristolian charmer. I told you, you would get through the dark times and now look at what you are doing!! See, you never wasted three years studying film after all, eh! Aww, you must be so thrilled to now be working as a film critic.

Can you please send me the link, again? I should have saved it or wrote it down or something. I wasn't sure if it had been aired yet since we spoke last and meant to ask you about it.

Once again... well done!
Old 28th February 2011, 01:00

Mood
Spooky

cynics good at radio interviews too
Old 28th February 2011, 18:05
Banned

Mood
Lonely

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Dawn Fades
I was reluctant to post this as often when people do something that defies SA they are ostracised as some sort of charlatan. but have been appearing on a radio show with a 30000 listeners a month as a film critic for four shows now. Today I reviewed Animal Kingdom which is fantastic .
I don't want to post the link but if anyone is interested Pm me and i'll send you a link to the podcast
Do they pay you for this sort of thing ? Well done I went on a phone in competition with local radio a couple of years ago my mind froze I ended up looking like I knew nothing at all but at least I had a go. This is good
Old 28th February 2011, 21:06

Well done
Old 28th February 2011, 22:42

thanks!
no pay but I get to see screenings for free and hoping to attend some festivals for free and maybe meet some directors for a feature in the future
Old 1st March 2011, 16:41

Mood
Melancholy

This is brilliant, well done! Very jealous of the free screenings might I add
Old 2nd March 2011, 11:39

Mood
Spaced

Quote:
Wow, well done mate. How did you get into that? (I haven't read the whole thread so ignore me if that's already been asked :p)
Old 13th March 2011, 23:09

Mood
Fine

Quote:
This is absolutely brilliant mate, well done!!!! And it sounds like a great job too regardless of the SA aspect!
Closed Thread