SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > Room with a View
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 9th August 2006, 17:15

Mood
Thinking

Default Stood up to some OAPs....Aren't I hard!

On the bus home from work I had my ipod on. Wasn't that loud but it was audible to others I admit. Had nothing but looks of disgust and was stared at like a piece of dirt by some OAPs before one had a right go at me and told me to turn it down.

Now I'm not an anti-social person. And I have a lot of respect for old people especially as I've lost 2 grandparents in the past 2 years and miss them a lot. There have been many occasions where I have given up my seat for older folks and I am always polite and respectful to anyone who does the same for me. But some of them are just rude beyond words it has to said. And the fact that not one of the people bothered by it could just politely ask me to turn my mp3 down prompted me to.....

Albums>Never Mind The Bollocks>Anarchy In The UK>Volume> FULL BLAST

Nothing more was said and I was happily deafened for the rest of the journey home! Much to their anger...

I'm such a rebel

PS: Not sure if this is worthy of a trophy so I don't expect any congratulations just for pissing off some old women! I am quite pleased with myself in a naughty kind of way though!
Old 9th August 2006, 17:42

Default Re: Stood up to some OAPs....Aren't I hard!

Rock on man. Old people get annoyed by the stupidest things.
Old 9th August 2006, 17:57
Administrator

Mood
Tired

Fair play

Next time they get you mad, tell them to stop pissing on the seats. It's doing my head in sitting on wet seats on the way to work
Old 9th August 2006, 17:58

Mood
Balanced

Well done mate! I dont see why people moan about music, people talk louder than music and no one says anything lol!

I would have done the same, think like this: If you were wearing a hoodie, holding a mobile phone and playing music whilst swearing, would they have even though about challanging you?

Well done.
Old 9th August 2006, 18:06

Mood
Thinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by milesmartin
I would have done the same, think like this: If you were wearing a hoodie, holding a mobile phone and playing music whilst swearing, would they have even though about challanging you?
Exactly! I was just sat there minding my own. The chavs have bloody R&B blasting out from their mobiles on speaker and no one says a word!
Old 9th August 2006, 21:21

Personally I wouldn't have turned it up like that. I've got to admit some of the people really blast their music out in buses and trains can be annyoing.

I've never understood why blasting music in your ears like that. Does the music not get distorted when it's up that loud ? And so you can't really hear it properly ? I think it does, so what's the point in doing it ?

But anyway, some OAPs think they can just do what they like because they're old. I hope you did piss them off !
Old 10th August 2006, 10:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by milesmartin
Well done mate! I dont see why people moan about music, people talk louder than music and no one says anything lol!

Well done.
Totally agree! I was on the bus back from work last night and had my CD player on and I could still hear a bunch of tennagers giggling and shouting at the back of the bus and a chav playing music on his phone! It doesn't bother me when other people are listening to music on headphones and I can hear it (I sometimes try and guess what people are listening to!), but forcing everyone to listen to music on a mobile phone is soooooo rude!

Well done for standing up for yourself WalkinTall!
Closed Thread