Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > Room with a View
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 25th July 2006, 11:21

Mood
Worried

Default Trophies for everyone!

Sorry for making this thread - i'm probably going to sound like a shrink making a thread like this.

Just wondering how everyone is doing and what have you all achieved over the years? Like for instance, are you doing something now that, for example, 5 years ago you couldnt have done?

For me my main achievement is getting a train to Norwich. If you'd asked me 3years ago, 'would you go to norwich on your own?' i'd say ''no way!'' and avoid going there at all costs.. But now I can get a ticket, get on the train and meet people near the train station =D (not the city centre yet but i'm working on it).

So post your achievements here, even if it doesnt seem like a big achievement
Old 25th July 2006, 11:34

Mood
Sleepy

Default Re: Trophies for everyone!

*grabs a trophy on the way in*

hey great thread shydoll i like :D.

my best achievement to date is finishing my degree and getting a 2:1. the amount of times i said id quit yet a carried on through my sa depression and heavy drinking i managed to pull myself together for 3 weeks at the end get and average of 74% in my finals to scrape a 2:1 after being a 2:2 all the way through.

a lecturer said to me at graduation

"i coldn't beleive it when i saw your result, i had to check to see if it really was your paper. all the way through you looked puzzled. i am so happy its always good to see someone pull together at the end"

i was soo chuffed.
Old 25th July 2006, 11:40
Co-Administrator

Mood
Dreaming

Yesterday I went into town on my own. Normally not a trophy moment, but since I've been really bad I've not gone anywhere alone, so it's a small achievement.

ren (who misses Norwich sometimes)
Old 25th July 2006, 11:42

Mood
Worried

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymousLaura
Yesterday I went into town on my own. Normally not a trophy moment, but since I've been really bad I've not gone anywhere alone, so it's a small achievement.

ren (who misses Norwich sometimes)
Going into town on your own is always an achievement! I sure can't do that a lot.. It terrfies me :embarass:

Aww! Come back to Norwich then! Come see a movie with me =D
Old 25th July 2006, 12:47

Mood
Dreaming

I've been to meets! I never thought I'd have the courage to go to them. I wouldn't have been able to a year ago. I even talked in small groups! Usually I can only talk 1-on-1. I think that's the main thing I've achieved.
Old 25th July 2006, 14:36

I've written two books on SA. I haven't got anywhere near publishing anything yet, but it's caused me to have to tell people about SA and to mention the fact that I was bullied at school. They were all very understanding and sympathetic.

That's my main achievement. Being able to talk about things that were nogo areas before. I hope that will get easier.
Old 25th July 2006, 16:02
Intro Guy

I've been to a couple of SA meets on my own recently, and met some great people there.
I think that's quite a good achievement.
Old 25th July 2006, 16:07

I'm not that nervous going into shops anymore. i used to particularly dislike clothes shopping but i'm genrally fine with it now.

In october last year I had to go to Ireland on a plane on my own for work. I certainly would never have thought I could do that 5 years ago.
Old 25th July 2006, 18:17
Co-Administrator

Mood
Dreaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShyDoll
Aww! Come back to Norwich then! Come see a movie with me =D
I'd love to, but these days it would take me 5hrs just to get to Norwich. Does Ster Century still exist? I heard UCI was no longer, probably because they didn't give me a job in 2001, that's karma for you!

I'm trying to remember the name of the vodka bar down there, blue something, but I prefered Punana's for getting off my face enough to not feel physically sick when going into a club (usually liquid, I only managed to brave time once and all the drink in the world couldn't make that a nice experience).

Sorry, rambling now!
Old 25th July 2006, 20:37

I completed two presentations this year which I am intensely proud of.

I even keep my original presentation cue cards with me near my beta blockers - whenever I reach for them I remember that I managed to overcome my fear of public speaking, and it genuinely helps in calming me down.
Old 26th July 2006, 13:25

Mood
Worried

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymousLaura
I'd love to, but these days it would take me 5hrs just to get to Norwich. Does Ster Century still exist? I heard UCI was no longer, probably because they didn't give me a job in 2001, that's karma for you!

I'm trying to remember the name of the vodka bar down there, blue something, but I prefered Punana's for getting off my face enough to not feel physically sick when going into a club (usually liquid, I only managed to brave time once and all the drink in the world couldn't make that a nice experience).

Sorry, rambling now!
Yeah Ster Century is still there..I think.. I believe it has a new name now (can't remember what it is!)

UCI is still there.. And also has a different name - Odeon. I go there with my boyfriend a lot.. Just wish the ice cream and sweeties were less expensive!

I googled 'blue vodka bar norwich' and it brought up something called 'Norweigian Blue' - ring any bells? =)
Old 26th July 2006, 14:46

Mood
Pensive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intro Guy
I've been to a couple of SA meets on my own recently, and met some great people there.
I think that's quite a good achievement.
Ditto
Closed Thread