SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > Room with a View
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 29th June 2005, 15:09
starchild

Default went for a meal on my own

On Monday I was in Birmingham and I went to the One Earth Cafe. I only intended to buy a drink: but as it was I ended up having a meal + dessert. The cafe itself was empty except for the young woman (who I also made conversation with) taking the orders and the staff in the kitchen. That is why I think I managed ok. I must tell you vegggies and vegans out there the food is great lots of choice for vegans. The place has a nice atmosphere and there is not feeling of being rushed. please note it is soft drinks only.
Old 29th June 2005, 15:12
cavycrazy

Default Re: went for a meal on my own

Well done starchild!!! (Emote: smile)

I don't think I could have done that!

Old 29th June 2005, 15:50
magika

well done!!
Old 29th June 2005, 22:46
shok

Well done !!

I had a similar experience a few years ago when i first started to look for places i'd feel comfortable eating on my own .It was a similar type of cafe in liverpool. I can now manage to eat on my own in this type of 'friendly ' cafe even there are other customers there. I find in this type of envronment i can relax more and actually enjoy eating.

i try to keep pushing my boundries and try to eat in other places but still find it hard in many other places .

anyway just wanna say well done again .it reminded me of my own experience .

take care,

Shaukat
(Emote: roundnround)
Old 30th June 2005, 00:09
Sara_B

That's good to hear, Starchild - well done (Emote: smile)
Old 30th June 2005, 13:14
Shaz82

Thats fantastic Starchild (Emote: roundnround), I hate eating in public and avoid it whenever I can.
Old 2nd July 2005, 15:46
Intro Guy

I know how hard that is because I have a fear of eating in public, so well done!
Old 2nd July 2005, 16:26

Mood
Torn

Quote:
Originally Posted by starchild
I must tell you vegggies and vegans out there the food is great lots of choice for vegans. The place has a nice atmosphere and there is not feeling of being rushed. please note it is soft drinks only.
Well done!!! I agree about the choices for veggies/vegans, I used to visit a veggie cafe with my friend and the food tastes great.
Old 3rd July 2005, 15:59

That's brilliant Starchild. I've often thought about going for meal or drinks by myself...maybe going to read a book in a cafe just to get out of the house, but I've always felt weird about it because of the opinion of others...so WELL DONE to you for proving that it can be done and that it's not as bad as we think it is!
Old 5th July 2005, 09:33

Well done you! I have sometimes ventured for a coffee on my own in town, and very rarely food.... but its a big step forward. Well done!
Closed Thread