SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > Room with a View
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 15th June 2007, 00:39

Default Got a flat - independence at last!

Got the keys to new rented flat last weekend, but not properly moving in until this weekend (although we have zero furniture so far!), but I'm so happy I had to tell the forum!

Will be moving in with my boyfriend, and it will be so nice not to have to live with parents any more.

I really believe this is the year I'm starting to turn my life around, I passed my driving test in February and will now be living independently from parents, also recently went to the dentist for the first time in about 10 years. Feels like I'm finally getting some positivity back in my life! Still need to make a choice on career/education but I'm working on it, need to lose some weight to boost my self esteem and to make a start with self help for tackling SA, one step at a time!
Old 15th June 2007, 11:34

Default Re: Got a flat - independence at last!

Great great great. Independence from family is very important when tackling SA, I have always believed this.

I used to live in sublet accommodation, which was horrible (nosy and cleaning-obsessed landlady), moved out of there in late April and then moved into a shared flat in mid May. It's heaven! I have one very nice flatmate and I finally have an independent life back.

I'm sure things will continue to go uphill for you Orchid, plus living with your boyfriend you will certainly get lots of support.
Old 15th June 2007, 12:43

Congratulations Orchid, and very well done.
Wishing you and you boyfriend all the best in you new home

It may be helpful if you join your local freecycle to help with a few bits for the home, quite amazing what little treasures need saving from landfill sites and are looking for a new home

http://uk.freecycle.org/
Old 15th June 2007, 15:50

Mood
Tired

That's great Orchid - hope you and your boyfriend settle in well and enjoy your new freedom and independence.
Old 15th June 2007, 17:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orchid
I really believe this is the year I'm starting to turn my life around, I passed my driving test in February and will now be living independently from parents, also recently went to the dentist for the first time in about 10 years. Feels like I'm finally getting some positivity back in my life!
Well done!!! Its amazing what things really increase your confidence Hope all goes well.

L x
Old 17th June 2007, 11:20

Well done Orchid, onwards and upwards!
Old 17th June 2007, 12:07

Mood
Worried

Well done Orchid =D thats really good to hear.
Old 18th June 2007, 22:28

Thanks for the lovely messages!

The moving in date is now definitely this coming weekend. Been to Ikea and getting furniture delivered tomorrow. After that, we just need to take over our clothes, TV, computer and buy some food and then we can properly move in...
Old 19th June 2007, 09:39

wow it all seems to be going very well for you, congratulation... ikea rules btw... ehm i mean they have great furniture:embarass:
Old 19th June 2007, 14:07

Well done!

You have moved onto another level. Getting your own place is the hallmark of independence along with a car.
Closed Thread