Mood
Worried

Default Re: Went to a support group

Well done you =)
Old 15th January 2007, 22:52

Mood
Pensive

It might be worthwhile giving it another go. The first time is always difficult. Well done for going
Old 16th January 2007, 16:17

Don't put youself down so much, you should be giving yourself a major pat on the back for going!

Well done
Old 16th January 2007, 16:31

Mood
Sleepy

its really good you went ricky. Well done .
Old 16th January 2007, 17:01

Hi Ricky,

Well done for attending - the first step is always the hardest. Don't put yourself down for not speaking up, take things at your own pace. It might be an idea to continue going, but each time try to push yourself that little bit more. It doesn't matter if you only speak up once in the entire thing - each little bit is progress. Use the group as a safe environment to practise pushing your own boundaries - you will find it gets easier and easier.
Old 16th January 2007, 19:26

Mood
Sleepy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky
Thanks for all your replies.

I was feeling a little bit deflated when I posted this thread last night as I left the group thinking I should have more of an effort whilst I was there. On reflection today I realise that it was of course a good step I made by simply turning up in the first place. I think I'm probably going to try going for a couple more weeks and see how I feel then. Making an effort to talk is always going to be the tricky bit for me as I rarely have anything to actually say, but I'll see how things go.
Good on ya ricky , thats the spirit :D:D:D
Old 16th January 2007, 20:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky
Thanks for all your replies.

I was feeling a little bit deflated when I posted this thread last night as I left the group thinking I should have more of an effort whilst I was there. On reflection today I realise that it was of course a good step I made by simply turning up in the first place. I think I'm probably going to try going for a couple more weeks and see how I feel then. Making an effort to talk is always going to be the tricky bit for me as I rarely have anything to actually say, but I'll see how things go.
Glad to hear it Being positive about things is half the battle, and just remember that the people there will not expect anything from you, or judge you.
Old 16th January 2007, 22:25

Mood
Sneaky

good for you ricky, it can be a bit mental the first time you go to something like this, i know it was really weird and upsetting for me. glad to see you have realised the importance of your big first step.

try to stick with it would be my advice. showing up at something like this is a kind of challenge to your sa which you can prepare for, not like when you have to go on a bus or go to the shop, which you just have to do. hope it goes well for you
Closed Thread