Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 30th April 2014, 20:29
Banned

Mood
Scared

Default Re: What I did today - for small achievements and cheers

Art class today an I've finally gotten everyone doing what I want them to do. Portrait drawing. Even ultra hesitant but explosively windy, flatulenceman has been having a bash at the old portrait drawing. He did good, its great building people up and watching them grow. Makes me all proud an sh*t.
I'm stood next to him demo-ing and hes letting them go. Not cool.

Disappointed with the turn out today, but thats understandable considering what happened last week. I was nervous about todays class. Someone turned up last week and caused havoc and I wasnt sure if they were coming back again. One of my new pupils, a talented hispanic girl didnt show today and I hope she wasnt put off by last weeks class.

There is a nutter women in my area who I occassionally see. She roams around shouting and swearing at people, shes a hardcore case of mental health problems. VERY agressive. I once had the misfortune of sitting near opposite her on the tram while she shouted racist abuse at all the white people. Mental. Can you IMAGINE my shock when I rolled up to my class late and she was sat there. ****ing hell. Never mind my heart sinking it almost bolted straight out of my arse! Intros to newbies are always abit awkward this was terrifying, especially with it being a busy class.
It was a nightmare, from start to finish she was a c*nt. God knows how I didnt have a panic attack. I ignored her sarcasm and rude remarks towards me, until she crossed the line and I lost my cool. She kept telling me to go away. The only amusement I got out of the class was seeing the reactions of one of the newbies, Andrew, who was sandwiched inbetween Psycho bitch and Mr Flatulence. Priceless. What with flatulenceman in full flow and nobhead, the three newbies looking confused, humoured at events, also uncomfortable....Every one did! The class was like a zoo. You just had to be there. You couldnt write last weeks class. Caught me off guard big time.

Things are going well though, i'm making myself heard and i've formulated a way of drawing, specific to me, that I can teach and make myself understood. Its really cool transplanting my knowledge into someones head and seeing them grow because of it. Gives me a buzz.
Old 30th April 2014, 21:10

^ I was completely absorbed during all of that. It sounds like a Monty Python sketch; it's got all the characters you'd find, especially Mr. Flatulence.
It must be difficult at times teaching in front of people, especially when it's like that.
Old 1st May 2014, 00:14
Banned

Mood
Scared

Quote:
Originally Posted by JzMunch
^ I was completely absorbed during all of that. It sounds like a Monty Python sketch; it's got all the characters you'd find, especially Mr. Flatulence.
You dont know the half of it! My class is a mix of people with mental health problems and the general public. Everyone in my class is excentric and quirky though.
Quote:
It must be difficult at times teaching in front of people, especially when it's like that.
I work with each student one on one, rather than stand and teach infront of everyone at once. I'm working up to that now everyones on the same page. It only gets difficult when people randomly show up like el-psycho woman and I'm not sure what they want out of the class and if they have issues or not. I have to tread carefully.
Its good though.
Old 1st May 2014, 22:19

Well done button and nine :D
Old 7th May 2014, 18:46
Banned

Mood
Scared

Quote:
Originally Posted by northeastsouthwest
Well done button and nine :D
Thank you muchly.

------------------------

My art class today and the woman who swears at people in the street was back. ****ing hell. She came in late, ima thinking 'not again'

As soon as she started I jumped right on it. She behaved herself for the most part but she was a pain in the arse and difficult to work with. She underminded me the entire time. I feel I did well. *pats self on shoulder*

Maybe this is a good thing. A challenge helps you grow...an all that. And She DEFINITELY is one hell of a ****ing challenge. lol.
Old 8th May 2014, 10:39

Mood
Lonely

Had a email come through saying I had placed an order with a fast food place in London. Don't live any where near and hadn't placed any orders. Rang them up almost instantly, told them about the problem, and had it dealt with.

Was shaking a bit and my voice did go a little funny but still did it. Normally I can put off calling someone for days. Pleased with myself.
Old 8th May 2014, 10:48

Mood
Dreaming

^ Good for you! It's always best to sort things like that out quickly so you don't stress about it for days, but I know how difficult it can be to actually make the call! Hopefully you'll find it that bit easier next time.
Old 8th May 2014, 11:53

Mood
Lonely

@Amber Fyre
Thanks. I do feel better for dealing with it straight away but for some reason these things never seem to get any easier. Maybe this time will be different - fingers crossed!
Old 9th May 2014, 14:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason90
^^ that doesn't sound small to me and definitely is an achievement so well done on succeeding even if things weren't perfect its all progress and you should be proud of yourself .

Been eating awfully lately and been slacking on walking the dog to make up for it, i needed bread so decided to go the long route to Sainsbury's get my bread and a few other bits and then waddle back with 2 heavy bags. It was the 2nd time ive asked to have my bread sliced by them and both times ive managed not to do any of my safety behaviors e.g playing with my hair or touching my face like rubbing my forehead because my brain thinks if i cant see them they cant see me, except i realise it doesn't really quite work like that and some guy touching his forehead every 2 seconds is more likely to make me stick out.
That's great, I work as a baker in Sainsburys (rock n roll I know) and have sliced many a loaf in my time. I've seen people do much odder things than what you do, it seems perfectly natural to me.

I just went to the barber's which is good because it's now the longest possible time before I have to go back to the barber's. I hate going. I also went for a swim this morning, though my friend was too busy to come this week so I got a bit bored after a while.
Old 10th May 2014, 09:19

Mood
Lonely

Yesterday I actually left the house. I did go with someone else which does help me a lot. I had to fill in a form while sitting in a waiting room and then hand it in. A few times I wanted to run out of there as I could feel my face going red and more people entered but I forced myself to stay.

I guess my next challenge is being able to do that on my own.
Old 12th May 2014, 17:58

Mood
Tired

Had a gym induction, and worked out for about 1 hour. Now I'm feeling the burn.
Old 12th May 2014, 19:55

^ That must have been scary! Well done for going
Old 13th May 2014, 00:20

Applied for my provisional license... really nervous of the lessons in the near future.
Old 13th May 2014, 00:24

^ It's good that you've taken the first step. I've taken my first driving test and failed it and before I started driving you can never imagine yourself going this far. Once you start taking lessons however you eventually start to enjoy it, and it becomes great.
Old 13th May 2014, 14:47

I rang someone in a busy and quiet library .. Only for 2 minutes but hey, it was an achievement for me.

I also spoke to 2 people in the supermarket, two entirely random conversations which were not preplanned.

Ready for my next challenge.

Keep up the good work peoples
Old 13th May 2014, 16:58

Mood
Tired

Passed my theory test! 48/50 on the multiple choice questions and 60/75 on hazard perception.
Old 14th May 2014, 10:51

^ That's awesome!

^^ Nice one, Entity!
Old 14th May 2014, 10:58

Mood
Dreaming

Congrats Entity, that's great

And buttonlane - that's an amazing compliment to receive! Glad it's gone well
Old 16th May 2014, 13:28

Got my haircut which I've been avoiding months. Had someone other than the person cutting my hair standing around and staring at me the whole time, I guess they were a trainee or something? Regardless I was fine so pretty pleased with myself although I'm sure it will be just as much an ordeal next time.

Also made my first post here!
Old 16th May 2014, 13:30

^ Fab stuff and welcome aboard! I hate having my hair cut - I've successfully avoided it for years!
Old 16th May 2014, 13:49
Banned at own request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azi
^ Fab stuff and welcome aboard! I hate having my hair cut - I've successfully avoided it for years!
me too - I look a bit like this right now:

but seriously, it is terrifying for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ättestupa
Got my haircut which I've been avoiding months. Had someone other than the person cutting my hair standing around and staring at me the whole time, I guess they were a trainee or something? Regardless I was fine so pretty pleased with myself although I'm sure it will be just as much an ordeal next time.

Well done for both & welcome, Ättestupa!
Old 19th May 2014, 23:11
Banned

Mood
Scared

^ Well done miss Kafka!
Old 21st May 2014, 20:04

Mood
Dead

I went to my friends house today, I hadn't been there before, I even said hello to her flatmates. I was surprised how quickly my anxiety went once I was inside.
Old 21st May 2014, 20:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire2014
I went to my friends house today, I hadn't been there before, I even said hello to her flatmates. I was surprised how quickly my anxiety went once I was inside.
Well done The way we imagine it is going to be is hardly ever the same as how it actually turns out.
Old 21st May 2014, 20:13

Mood
Dead

Thanks!
I'm actually looking forward to going there again next week now I know it wont be so bad.
Old 21st May 2014, 20:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ättestupa

Oh dear lol, I need to do this as well, you'd probably think I was a different person to the person in my avatar if you saw me now, been delaying having a haircut for at least 6 months now

But seriously, well done for going, its a tough thing for anyone with SA. And welcome to the forum!
Old 21st May 2014, 20:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire2014
Well done

And yeah, I've often found its the anxiety beforehand that is the worst thing, cause of course, the actual situation is usually not as bad as we fear.
Old 21st May 2014, 20:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by kafkafan
I managed to get to the hairdressers too, for the first time in about 10 years! Wasn't as bad as I expected at all, it was a Supercuts so didn't even have to make an appointment. I felt quite sorry for the hairdresser though, my hair has always been frizzy and 'difficult', which combined with a decade's worth of neglect + it all being different lengths due to past problems with trichotillomania (thankfully that isn't a big issue anymore) meant it still didn't look exactly amazing despite her best efforts. I wanted to say, "It's fine, it still looks better than it would have if I'd done it myself, and I get that you're a hairdresser not a hairmagician." She also commented on me being quiet and attempted some awkward small talk, but not to an unendurable extent. Going to try and go more often now the first trip is out of the way.
Well done for going too
Old 21st May 2014, 20:35

^ I have rules for going to the hairdresser. It's always as soon as they open because there's nobody else in, and I always make sure it's this one hairdresser specifically who is always working alone. She never stops talking and I only ever have to say 'yeah' in agreement. So basically it runs quite smoothly actually as we're the only ones in as well.
Sometimes someone walks in and screws up my careful plan, but it's not as bad because I don't have to talk much.
I wonder how many of us have all these plans and rules we live by just to make social situations easier. Oh SA...how I adore you.
Old 21st May 2014, 20:49

Quote:
^ I have rules for going to the hairdresser. It's always as soon as they open because there's nobody else in, and I always make sure it's this one hairdresser specifically who is always working alone. She never stops talking and I only ever have to say 'yeah' in agreement. So basically it runs quite smoothly actually as we're the only ones in as well.
Sometimes someone walks in and screws up my careful plan, but it's not as bad because I don't have to talk much.
I wonder how many of us have all these plans and rules we live by just to make social situations easier. Oh SA...how I adore you.
If I had to guess, I'd say just about every one of us