Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 1st June 2011, 20:37

Mood
Insomnious

Default Re: weight loss thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d1n9
i've decided to lose half a stone, just need to stay off the macdonalds and fatty foods but it's soo tempting
Tell me about it!! Junk food understands my pain.. lol
Old 1st June 2011, 21:01
Banned

Mood
Lawabiding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geminus
Thanks bro , that was after I dropped size and had some wastage (you can see the strtch marks on my arms).

I still have a round about size on me, I just need to tone it up and shape it up again.
Currently I can bench a 125kg bar. My endurance levels are crap low though and number of reps reflect this. I'd like to take it at least back to a 140kg bench (my pesonal best) and hopefully push through to a 160kg bench. Get arms up to 18/ 19", push my chest/ back out and waist down to either 28 or 29" (it's 27" in that pic but I doubt I'll wish to maintain that and keep the size.. we'll see). I think what I'll do is try bulk up first to put more initial size on, then tone down the mid section to try and sculpt the profile I'm looking for. I also need to try get my back sorted out also as I used to squat f/w 240kg 4 x 10 as a start out to my leg training days and it's had a bit of an impact on the lig's between my spinal discs.

I am hoping my T levels shall elevate again once I get back in to reg training, as they way they feel at the moment is lower than I am used to and I am not sure if it's just because I don't train anymore or if because they are depleted a bit (which is why I am going to test them and check) But I used to train between 5 and 7 days each week and it sent them through the roof, so maybe that's just the problem (along with the pills I am on currently).

My first hurdle is to regain my motivation to train, then I can tackle the other stuff (including most of all, my diet )
It's worth getting your levels checked if they feel low but I doubt they'd be that low. You'd lose a lot of weight and muscle if they were and gain a lot of abdominal fat. I've lost 4 and 1/2 stone since being low on T and have some fat on my stomach which won't budge. Your libido would also suffer, big time if they were low.

They might have depleted a bit since you haven't been training but they should still be in the normal range.
Old 1st June 2011, 22:45

Mood
Insomnious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Haze 2
It's worth getting your levels checked if they feel low but I doubt they'd be that low. You'd lose a lot of weight and muscle if they were and gain a lot of abdominal fat. I've lost 4 and 1/2 stone since being low on T and have some fat on my stomach which won't budge. Your libido would also suffer, big time if they were low.

They might have depleted a bit since you haven't been training but they should still be in the normal range.
Thanks for the tips. Based on this, I imagine it is a combination of lack of training along with the pills I've been taking for the last couple of years. My libido has dropped considerably from what it used to be but what's been mentioned could very well explain it.
Old 5th June 2011, 14:13

Mood
Insomnious

Quote:
Originally Posted by kafkafan
This might go down like a ton of bricks but, would anyone be interested in a kind of SAUK weight loss club? Like just letting each other know via PMs or whatever how it's going and any tips? Could make it a group maybe? I need motivation but am scared of things like weight watchers and suspect they might be a bit competitive and bitchy (could be wrong about that). I've dieted before but put it back on once I've stopped, what I really want to do is change my attitude to food. Sorry if this has already been suggested and I know this thread is like that already, but it's a bit public for me.
Sure chick, I'm game.
Old 5th June 2011, 15:46
Banned (at own request)

Mood
Pensive

Ah well feck it anyway. Might as well own up.

I bought some scales yesterday and was fully expecting to come on here triumphant, having seriously dieted for about a month now.

I'VE GAINED HALF A STONE!!!

I've stuck to 1500-2000 calories a day for four whole weeks. Only bad thing I did was get drunk about five days out of that month. This is pathetic. I never used to struggle to lose weight like this.

I mean I've been starving my a$$ off whilst the girls at work go on and on and on about food, and cakes, and vodka and all the fancy restaurants their SOs take them to. This is BS.

Does anybody have any serious hardcore crash diets I can try that work? I mean, either those scales I bought are broken (I did get them from the cheap shop), or something is badly wrong here
Old 5th June 2011, 16:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaGetBetter
Ah well feck it anyway. Might as well own up.

I bought some scales yesterday and was fully expecting to come on here triumphant, having seriously dieted for about a month now.

I'VE GAINED HALF A STONE!!!

I've stuck to 1500-2000 calories a day for four whole weeks. Only bad thing I did was get drunk about five days out of that month. This is pathetic. I never used to struggle to lose weight like this.

I mean I've been starving my a$$ off whilst the girls at work go on and on and on about food, and cakes, and vodka and all the fancy restaurants their SOs take them to. This is BS.

Does anybody have any serious hardcore crash diets I can try that work? I mean, either those scales I bought are broken (I did get them from the cheap shop), or something is badly wrong here
Whoa whoa whoa. Are you prepared to invest 1hr30 mins to completely change your point of view? If so, say so or PM me if I miss your reply, and I will give you some links but be prepared it's the opposite of everything you think you know about diets.
Old 5th June 2011, 17:12
Banned (at own request)

Mood
Pensive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr31
Whoa whoa whoa. Are you prepared to invest 1hr30 mins to completely change your point of view? If so, say so or PM me if I miss your reply, and I will give you some links but be prepared it's the opposite of everything you think you know about diets.
Good man thanks - please do, or I'll PM you later if I don't hear from you.

Cheers, that's very kind of you
Old 6th June 2011, 12:44

Mood
Sneaky

clothes shopping the other day and even some of the 34 waists were a wee bit baggy

still scared to go near the scales but i must be doing ok. got a bunch of comments about my weight recently too, freakin loving it. i hate hating how i look

it comes down to, i plain think people will make fun of me if i have a belly.

anyway, during the summer i tend to cycle like a maniac. its not healthy, i really kill myself out there but i'm manic and i need to get rid of the mentalism somehow. it calms me down, A LOT. least my mental illness is useful for something.

in other news, i have been eating more healthily, been eating, shock horror, a lot of oily fish.

anyway peace out for now, and remember peeps, some people really do look hot carrying a bit of weight!
Old 6th June 2011, 18:29
Banned (at own request)

Mood
Pensive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci
I'd say stick to between 1200-1400 cals a day, 10-20 mins walking and you will lose weight safely and easy . Really no need for Crash diets, They cause more harm than good and you're much more likely to put the weight back on after.
Cheers pal. I'll drop the calories a bit more and up the weights and maybe walk home from work or something.

You know what - I think those scales were on the hew, I mean, I was walking around today and my trousers are starting to hang off me a bit more. But I dunno.

Anyway, I'm going to go to work each day with only enough money for bus fare, so I can't buy lunch.

It's grim though. Today was 'Pizza Day' ffs, they actually ordered Dominos pizza into the office. I was surrounded by people cramming their faces with it.

Omnomnomnomnom "oh f*** yeah man, it's so good" omnomonmomn "mmmm pizza, oh it's so deliciously cheesy" omnomnomnomnomnom "oh baby it's so tasty, oh it's so deliciously lovely and gorgeous, I think I just spaffed in my pants". I don't need that when I'm struggling to stay concious from the lack of sustinence. They do it to wind me up you know

Office workers suck, they eat and eat and eat and it pecks my head I'm sure tomorrow will be Cream Cake Day and the day after will be Doner Kebab Day or something, bunch of greedy sons of
Old 14th June 2011, 21:09

Mood
Dreaming

i need some motivation. want to do stomach and butt exercises to shape up and stop eating so much! i have to find a gym group or something, i can't do it by myself in my room it's so boring
Old 14th June 2011, 21:42

Quote:
i need some motivation. want to do stomach and butt exercises to shape up and stop eating so much! i have to find a gym group or something, i can't do it by myself in my room it's so boring
Your slim already!

Me on the other hand. I need some motivation but I can't find any
Old 14th June 2011, 22:07

Mood
Dreaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcallmephil
Your slim already!

Me on the other hand. I need some motivation but I can't find any
thanks but as for the er, butt.. i was thinking more not less

and you're not overweight either!
Old 14th June 2011, 22:11

Quote:
and you're not overweight either!
I must hide it well
Old 14th June 2011, 22:15

Mood
Dreaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcallmephil
I must hide it well
i hide mine well too

not sure what you can do about the motivation.. i watched a few youtube videos on exercises earlier and i feel pretty motivated now!
Old 14th June 2011, 22:52

I just need to eat better, I eat way, way too much junk! I could do with losing a stone and a bit but think I could probably do that by making a few simple changes in my life. I eat when I get bored - and I have a short attention span - nightmare!
Old 15th June 2011, 23:51

Mood
Dreaming

did some exercises in my room finally. i don't see any results

Quote:
Originally Posted by splonky
A couple of the staff are now starting to recognise me and remember my order
hmm, this is not good!
Old 16th June 2011, 00:27

Mood
Insomnious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zayed
^

Thanks I just clocked a pic of you further back in this thread. Does having a body like you had/have make you feel more confident and combat your SA? Is that why you have trained so hard, if you don't mind me asking?
Sorry Zayed, I've only just seen this

Umm, well firstly 'had' is correct. I'm planning to get back to get back in to it all properly again but I've been out of full training for pretty much 3 years now.
It did help a bit but wasn't the only reason why I used to train so hard. A lot of it was to do with personal wellbeing, health and personal interests. Funny thing is now, where I am not as tight bodied as I would like to be and used to be, I am probably doing better in terms of satisfaction and confidence than I was 5 years ago.
For me the struggle has always been in the mind, but the body does have its impacts and influences.

Quote:
Well done for doing some and just do your best to keep it up, you do that and I promise you'll start to see results as you progress
Old 16th June 2011, 10:04

Quote:
Were you expecting instant results?

It took me at least a month before I noticed any difference when I started working out (aside from muscle soreness after the first few times).
Old 16th June 2011, 17:57

Mood
Breezy

Quote:
Yeah you need to get to a gym. If you want to shape your butt anyway. The main exercise to do for that are squats and lunges. Lunges are great for your glutes and unlike squats you don't have to worry nearly so much about your back. Basically you do the lunges after a few weeks you'll be doing them easy, then it's time to add some weight, which is why you need to get to a gym. Your glutes are the biggest muscle in the body and the strongest so they won't develop with just low resistance exercises. You need to add resistance by using weights.

Old 16th June 2011, 22:29

Mood
Dreaming

^ that looks easy enough. thanks will try it later!

i'm a bit impatient with these exercises.. i want results and i want it NOW haha
Old 17th June 2011, 07:58

Mood
Breezy

Quote:
^ that looks easy enough. thanks will try it later!

i'm a bit impatient with these exercises.. i want results and i want it NOW haha
No problem. But remember, if you do find it easy then it's not going to give you results. So then you have to make it harder.
Old 17th June 2011, 16:10
Banned

Mood
Lonely

well done it must be hard your doing the right thing I've heard people's whole personality can change when they lose weight could work wonders for social anxiety issues. Can't do you any harm anyway keep it up m8
Old 19th June 2011, 16:14

Help please.

I have about £150 to spend on a piece of exercise equipment. (could go upto £200) I have weights so it doesn't necessarily need to be for strength but the main purpose of it will be to tone everything up a bit/ improve my cardio after years of smoking.

I have looked into rowing machines and have a few options but not entirely happy with any. Space is a bit of a concern so ideally it would have to be smallish or foldable. An electronic monitor is also something I need because I find it having an accurate breakdown of what I'm doing helpful.

Going to a gym isn't for me and going out for a run/cycle isn't an option in my current situation.
Old 20th June 2011, 15:07

Mood
Dreaming

You can get fold away electric treadmills, treadmills are by far the most useful exercise unit imo.

although they still need a good solid floor to use on, ideally concrete.
Old 22nd June 2011, 20:56

Mood
Dreaming

i only ate one chicken burger this week. stuck to boots meal deal salads instead

did some squats last night

^well done splonky

i want to lose a stone back to my normal weight
Old 25th June 2011, 15:03

Mood
Happy

In reality I've probably got alot to loose...I've managed to loose a couple of stone myself over the last few months. I finally bit the bullet last week and joined Weight Watchers and I'm quite enjoying their new ProPoints system once I got used to it...

I've always eaten quite healthily during the day, it's at night I'll binge on sweets especially chocolate if I'm bored, emotional etc...so much so I'm a sugar addict. So over the last 5 years I've put on about 5 stone due to stress at work etc....I stepped down last year and now things are turning around.

I've joined the gym at my local uni and I'm starting to get back into my hobbies such as walking, joined my local conservation group and even making plans to do some travelling next year.

Actually had poached egg for the first time today in 30+ years (I'm not an egg fan)....and enjoyed it
Old 27th June 2011, 09:55

Mood
Chatty

So I've had a month or so where I fell off the diet pretty badly, pizzas, no exercise, bad times.

But at the end of the month I had still lost 3 Kg, hmmm how very odd, I felt like I had gotten huge again and put on loads of weight, my belly certainly got bigger again, but I had still lost weight! whats going on?! lol ( im not complaining though )

Back on the diet and exercise again now full speed ahead, and its working.
Old 29th June 2011, 15:26

Mood
Dreaming

1 or 2 days of losing it doesn't seem to do much to me, but after about 4 days it starts to show a few days later.
I'm going up and down on 11-11½ every few weeks here, boredom/stress eating.
Old 29th June 2011, 23:36

Mood
Happy

Had my second weigh in tonight, lost 6 and a half pounds.
Old 13th July 2011, 11:47

Mood
Dreaming

^ that's good you're gradually getting closer (despite the wedding buffet!)

my weight loss efforts are going nowhere. starting to feel depressed. my problem is i can eat constantly.. when i'm bored/stressed i like to eat. last night at 8pm in the office i decided to buy some food.. everywhere was closed except mcdonalds, so i had a burger

i'm actually not overweight overall, but i've got some very unflattering areas of fat i NEED to get rid of. feel desperate. perhaps i should starve myself.. but that wouldn't work as i'd just pig out at the end.

i blame genes! so envious of those skinny people that don't need to do anything.