SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > Room with a View
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 10th August 2005, 00:49

Default Went to the gym!!!

woooooooooooooohoooooooooooooooooo!!!!
thats right....i managed to get my skinny little arse out of the house and went to the gym . for some, this mite not seem like much of an achievement, but for me it is because my sa is severe and i have been almost completely housebound for way too long and since the end of exams at uni i have only left my house for 2 doctors appointments, couple of drivin lessons and rare trips to the shops. this gym is gonna help me i think, altho i feel absolutely knackered:tired: , i feel strangely refreshed and stress-free . i felt really nervous as the gym manager showed me around and nearly chocked when 2 people in there said "hello" to me, i managed to squeek out "hi" and give them a little wave. after the formalities were over i went to a corner where no-one else was and had a go on the rowing machine. after about 30sec, i thought i was gonna die....or is that gooner die , i didnt care tho coz in that 30sec i didnt for one sec feel anxious or nervous!!! after i stopped, i had a little look around and saw that no-one was lookin at me and they were just gettin on with their own business. this made me feel quite comfy and i then went on a standing bike for about 5-10mins and then went and done 50 curls on each arm . altho my trip to the gym only lasted a measly 15-20mins, im SO SO SO pleased i went. i felt my legs were gonna fall off as i staggered home and still do even after a hot & steamy bath but i cant go to sleep coz i have so much adrenaline pumpin thru me and am already lookin foward to my next trip to the gym. i plan on goin 3 times a week(if my body can handle it) and would fully recommend going to the gym to anyone else with sa.

thanx to all for readin this post and dont be suprised in a few months when i post another thred in the trophy room called "My Six-Pack" !!!
Old 10th August 2005, 01:02
Ralf

Default Re: Went to the gym!!!

Hey, well done! That's real cool! I've been really wanting to start going to a gym lately but still haven't built up the courage! oh well..
Well done to you though, you should feel chuffed!
Old 10th August 2005, 07:35

Well done!!!

My SA is also very severe so I know how much of an achievement this must be for you! Way to go!
Old 10th August 2005, 08:35

Mood
Breezy

That is excellent Goonerkid. Congratulations. It takes a lot of courage for a lot of non-SA'ers to go to the gym so its even more impressive on your part. They won't be able to kick sand in your face for much longer when you look seriously buff.
Good luck with the muscle pain which should be building up quite nicely by now. It should reach its peak at the 48 hour point you be probably be pleased to find!
Old 10th August 2005, 18:13

Well done, keep it up!
Old 10th August 2005, 18:43
Intro Guy

Great stuff, well done!!!
Old 10th August 2005, 21:33

Mood
Crappy

Woohoo! well done. I also made a real effort to join a gym a couple of months ago and have made an effort to go every now and again. It really has helped me to feel better within myself and it's somewhere I can go on my own and not feel bad about it!

Well Done!!
Old 11th August 2005, 16:03

Congratulations .

Physical exercise, ie football, walking the dog etc is the only thing I'm comfortable doing. But it feels good afterwards, i'm glad it worked for you.

Dan
Old 12th August 2005, 01:35
kp85

Hey goonerkid....congratulations!!

I've never joined a gym as I have no need to....I got all the means to do a work out if I want to at home, etc.
But I have had a similar experience when I tried out an indoor private swimming facility. I was wondering when I got in the water if anybody was gonna be watching me...but no...they all just went about their business.
I plan to get a membership to there so that I can workout in their pool + with their equipment and everything. Just waiting on the money which I should have soon.

-Jamie.
Old 13th August 2005, 19:33

Wow! Well done goonerkid!! Here have a dancing banana

keep up the good work!!
Closed Thread