Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 3rd October 2009, 22:12

Mood
Worried

Default Something someone said about counselling

...at uni a few days ago.
In a weekly thing we do in groups of 10, personal professional development or something, the obvious question of have you had any counselling came up. One of the people in my group said:

A carpenter has a tool bag, and takes what he needs when he needs them. For me counselling is just one of the tools I use in my life.

(something to that effect anyway)

I don't know if I'm alone in thinking this but for me that sounded really inspiraring, being someone who - hyprocritcally I know seeing as I'm on counselling course, am still scared to see one myself, partly because of the stigma. In what she said it just trampled all over that stigma and made it seem a whole lot more acceptable and approachable.

Anyway just thought I'd post that, don't know if it'll be any help to anyone.
Old 3rd October 2009, 23:15

Mood
Alienated

Default Re: Something someone said about counselling

try it then. i will see the counseller at u ni to help me through it. support is great welldone
Old 9th October 2009, 03:17

Default Re: Something someone said about counselling

counselling is lovely jubly and can help us through certain problems, more day to day issues..but if you really want to get to the nitty gritty of your life problems you need to see a psychotherapist...its expensive, cost me 45 quid a week, and i had to jack it in though cause i couldnt afford the sheckles but in the 8 months i saw her i had such an insight of 'me' it helped me understand so much, i only stopped seeing her bout 6 months ago and would have carried on if i could off afforded it, shame
Closed Thread