SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > Room with a View
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 29th September 2007, 23:38

Default Things are getting better

Hi,

I havent been on here for a while, things have improved for me a bit since I was last here so I thought I'd share a few little achievements

I have a job at last Im now a customer services advisor for the council. Probably one of the worst jobs for someone with sa, but strangely I've found that i'm actually good at it

I'm losing weight, again! I lost about 3 stone last year, then stopped after xmas cos I was a tad depressed and put weight back on. I started again about 6 weeks ago and I've lost nearly a stone and a half so far

And finally, I have an allotment of my own! Its great.. a tad overgrown at the moment, but I cant wait to start planting things

Yay me!

sol x
Old 29th September 2007, 23:55

Mood
Spaced

Default Re: Things are getting better

Well done! I held down a customer services job for the council for a long time whilst struggling with SA too...it's on the easier side of customer services. You're expected to act in that council kinda way - "I just need to pass you on to another department" etc. I really enjoyed it and didn't find it too much hassle. Good luck with that and everything else
Old 30th September 2007, 11:20
I.G.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blip
That's brilliant sol.
Ditto!
Old 30th September 2007, 16:21

thx
Old 30th September 2007, 18:29

That is great news
Old 30th September 2007, 19:31

Mood
Musical

Well Done
Old 30th September 2007, 23:00

Mood
Nerdy

Nice 1 m8
Old 2nd October 2007, 13:34

Mood
Flirty

Quote:
Originally Posted by solitary
Hi,

I havent been on here for a while, things have improved for me a bit since I was last here so I thought I'd share a few little achievements

I have a job at last Im now a customer services advisor for the council. Probably one of the worst jobs for someone with sa, but strangely I've found that i'm actually good at it

I'm losing weight, again! I lost about 3 stone last year, then stopped after xmas cos I was a tad depressed and put weight back on. I started again about 6 weeks ago and I've lost nearly a stone and a half so far

And finally, I have an allotment of my own! Its great.. a tad overgrown at the moment, but I cant wait to start planting things

Yay me!

sol x

how did you get over your SA
Old 2nd October 2007, 13:43
Deepest Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by solitary

Fantastic post and i am so glad you're doing so well. May i ask, what things have you been doing to lose weight? I need to lose a stone to get back to my normal weight but finding it hard. Is it a case of just cutting off the crap foods?

Take Care
Danny
Old 2nd October 2007, 15:49

thx peeps

callu - i havent got over it, i just ignore it a lot more now. losing weight gave me a bit more confidence, but my sa is still there.

danny - yeh pretty much i do a lot of exercise now too.. i cycle to work and back every day (about 6 miles in total), i go for a walk for half an hr during my dinner break, walk a ladies dog for half an hr 4 times a week and go swimming/aquafit twice a week too
Closed Thread