SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > Room with a View
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 19th October 2007, 18:31

Default Looking on the bright side...

I was thinking about posting a big rant in the social anxiety room, but I thought that posting some of the good things that I've done might be a bit more positive. And if not, I can always go and do that rant anyway...

So, in the last month or two, I've started running out of money (not surprising as I haven't worked for a while, and I hadn't claimed benefits either). So I've got myself signed up for Job Seeker's Allowance, as I think I should be OK to get back into work now, after much effort using self-help books and suchlike.

When I've gone along to sign on, they seem to be satisfied that I'm doing what I should be to find work. I had five interviews within a two and a half week period (though the last one was about a week and a half ago now). I managed to go to all of them and stay fairly calm, which was pretty good.

Anyway, the rant was going to be about how I was getting rejected for jobs for being too quiet. But I guess I'll just have to keep plugging away until I find an employer who doesn't regard introversion as a disciplinary offence.
Old 19th October 2007, 18:36

Mood
Spaced

Default Re: Looking on the bright side...

I was gonna have me a rant about those kinda employers but seeing this teh trophy room I'll say well done for going and keeping calm keep plugging away, old bean, and I'm sure you'll find something
Old 19th October 2007, 19:18

Hi, just wanted to say that those employers do exist. some actually see it as a positive. just because someone is loud doesnt mean they are going to be good at the job...keep trying, i'm sure it will find something...
Old 21st October 2007, 13:19

Mood
Pensive

Keep trying ajc and well done with your efforts so far!

Some employers go by aptitude in tests etc rather than verbosity as was true in my case.
Old 21st October 2007, 18:26

Thanks for your comments, everybody.

I'll keep up the effort, hopefully I'll find something soon.
Closed Thread